Flyin' Maiden is a legendary spike shield in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel manufactured by Maliwan. The Flyin' Maiden does not drop (due to a coding bug), and can only be obtained via third-party programs.
I laugh as I'm watching you bleed. – Launches corrosive homing spikes when damaged with bullets, and deals corrosive spike damage to melee attackers.
Usage & Description
Against melee attackers, the Flyin' Maiden operates as a standard corrosive-element spike shield. When struck by a bullet, the Flyin' Maiden launches a homing spike at the attacker. The spike has a low projectile velocity, a broad turning radius, and travels initially in a slight arc directly toward the target. If the target is too close, the spike may fail to track it, traveling fruitlessly in a broad circle until it exhausts its range. Cover in front of the target will also block the spike. If a closer target presents itself during the spike's arc, the spike may change course to target them instead.
While the Flyin' Maiden properties are as good as they are, it does not drop and therefore is basically obsolete.
- Launched spikes (but not melee spikes) deal elemental splash damage and are buffed by grenade damage bonuses.
- A launched spike that detonates at close range can damage the user. This may happen when the shield is struck by a bullet while the user is engaging a melee opponent.
- The Flyin' Maiden can spawn with a Maliwan capacitor, granting the "Alkaline" prefix and corrosive DOT to its wearer. It cannot spawn with resistance against any other element.
- The Flyin' Maiden is an exact replica of the Impaler from Borderlands 2.
- "Flyin' Maiden" is a reference to the band Iron Maiden, while the red text reference the lyrics "He laughs as he's watching you bleed" from their song "Killers."