Flakker is a legendary shotgun manufactured by Torgue in Borderlands 3. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Manvark located in Konrad's Hold.
Special Weapon Effects
Flak the world. – Shoots slow, invisible rounds that create a series of explosions. Fixed magazine capacity of 1.
Description & Usage
The gun initially fires three (as listed on the weapon card) projectiles, which may ricochet off objects and enemies if they are close enough to the original firing position and will not deal damage during this period of time. After flying for one second, the rounds generate a series of explosions at their current position while flying (the first explosions generated are twice the size of all following explosions) before disappearing after another second. Each explosion does an amount of damage equal to what is listed on the weapon card; because the initial projectiles are the source of the explosions, their disappearance means the range on the weapon is limited.
The weapon has a set effective range where it will deal damage. For the weapon to deal maximum damage, the target would ideally be around halfway inside this zone, where the majority of the explosions will hit. Doing so can result in very high damage upon any targets in the radius. The Flakker is also great against most large targets, as it's much easier for more explosions to hit the large body. However, the Flakker is extremely weak against fast moving, unpredictable targets which may evade the shot altogether, or enemies which charge the user, getting within the Flakker's dead range.
Usage of the Flakker relies heavily upon positioning, prediction, and effective leading of targets.
- In a hotfix on October 17, 2019, The Flakker's damage was reduced by 33%, and its magazine capacity was reduced from 16 to 1. A second hotfix on October 24, 2019 also reduced its ammo consumption per shot from 5 to 1.
- It uses a skin similar to that of the Unkempt Harold and the 88 Fragnum which appeared in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel respectively.
- The Flakker itself also appeared in Borderlands 2 with a different paint job.
- The red text comes from the phrase "fuck the world," sometimes abbreviated to "FTW."
- "Flak" is a term used for anti-aircraft defenses. Much like this weapon, flak rounds are fired into the air and explode after a certain distance.