Fire Mages are enemy wizards featured in Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. With mastery over arcane flame magic, these wizards do the bidding of the Handsome Sorcerer, and can be found among groups of other wizard types deep in the Lair of Infinite Agony.
A Fire Mage is a powerful opponent at medium and longer ranges. Even up close they can be devastating with their fiery attacks. Each Fire Mage has a range of incendiary spells. When a Vault Hunter gets close, a fire mage will rise into the air, then slam into the ground, releasing a powerful wave of fire.Fire mages also can lob fireballs at distant targets, as well as summon flaming phoenixes that operate as separate enemies, which can be used for second winds.
The exposed head of a Fire Mage is a suitable critical hit location, although attackers may find this to be a difficult target should they be engulfed in flame, or when the Fire Mage is launching himself into the air. Fire Mages are also very resistant to incendiary attacks.
- In True Vault Hunter Mode they are renamed Soulfire Mage, and in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode they are renamed Hellfire Mage.
- In True Vault Hunter Mode Flaming Phoenixes are renamed Blazing Phoenix, and in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode they are renamed Searing Phoenix.
- Fire Mages have a chance to drop the Fireball, the Badass version can further drop the Fire Storm grenade mod.
- Fire Mages can be heard saying “Klaatu Barada Nikto,” a phrase from the 1951 sci-fi film The Day the Earth Stood Still.
- Occasionally they can also be heard saying “Joshakazam!”, a reference to the American sitcom Drake & Josh.