“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Face-puncher is a legendary shotgun in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Hyperion. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Handsome Jackie located in Skywell-27 on Promethea.
Special Weapon Effects
Man your own jackhammer. – Deals melee damage. Damage is based on the character's melee and evenly distributed among the pellets.
Usage & Description
The Face-puncher's damage output is increased by melee bonuses from all sources, so it can be very powerful with melee builds with a lot of such bonuses; but it also benefits from some (but not all) gun damage bonuses for even higher damage potential.
As the Face-puncher deals melee damage, it cannot score a critical hit.
- At level 50, the character's base melee damage is 1338, so each of the Face-puncher's pellets does 1338/7 = 191 damage by default (although some versions come with gun parts that alter this value). However, this value is already increased by the +60% melee damage blade the Face-puncher comes with, for an effective 306×7 without any other bonuses.
- The Face-puncher may come with a critical damage bonus despite being unable to score a critical hit.
- As melee attacks against frozen enemies deal 300% damage, the Face-Puncher has excellent synergy with that element.
- The Face-puncher will receive the +75% melee damage increase from Amara's Illuminated Fist skill, but its damage will remain non-elemental.
- The Face-puncher receives both gun and melee damage bonuses. However, it does not receive the damage bonus from Amara's Personal Space skill.
- The Face-puncher does not receive bonuses for shotgun damage.
- The Face-puncher will work with FL4K’s Dominance skill; shooting an enemy with the Face-puncher will provide the same effects as a melee attack.
- The Face-puncher's pellets have a chace to trigger the effect of the White Elephant artifact, allowing for multiple sticky bombs to be attached with each shot. Each bomb will be of a different element.
- The Face-puncher will always have the Genesis shield that converts damage to ammo, even if it is not mentioned on the item card.
- The flavor text is a reference to the Coheed and Cambria song In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3.