“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
FL4K cloaks, turning invisible. FL4K can fire three shots while cloaked, and each shot is automatically a Critical Hit. While cloaked, FL4K gains increased movement speed and health regeneration.
- Critical Damage: +200%
- Movement Speed: +25%
- Health Regeneration: +3% Max Health/sec
- Duration: 15 seconds
- Cooldown: 45 seconds
FL4K sends forward 2 rakk to dive-bomb enemies. This skill has multiple charges.
- Damage: 35 (Scales with level)
- Cooldown: 18 seconds
FL4K creates a rift at a target location, teleporting their pet through the rift and doing radiation damage to nearby enemies. Additionally, FL4K's pet becomes irradiated, growing in size and dealing bonus radiation damage when it attacks.
Using Gamma Burst while FL4K's pet is downed or dead will revive the pet at the targeted location with 30% of its health, but will double Gamma Burst's cooldown time.
- Damage: 56 (Scales with level)
- Duration: 20 seconds
- Cooldown: 30 seconds
In addition to possessing three action skills, FL4K has the ability to command one of three pets to travel alongside them, each with varying abilities and attributes to assist in combat.
Once summoned, FL4K's selected pet will follow FL4K wherever they go, automatically fighting any enemies they encounter. This will continue until the death of said pet. In this case, a cooldown period will begin, at the end of which the selected pet will respawn automatically to join FL4K once again. Each Pet is tied to one of FL4K's skill trees. As skill points are put into these trees, new evolutionary forms will be unlocked for the associated pet, changing their stats, appearance, and the effects of FL4K's attack command. The pets will also give ammunition, and on rare occasions weapons and will sniff out chests prompting FL4K to give the player a verbal command. In addition to their given pets, FL4K can gain the ability to turn enemies into Pets temporarily using the "Dominance" skill of the "Master" skill tree. If this ability is used on a beast, the duration of the effect will be doubled.
FL4K is joined by a Jabber Sidekick that is armed with a pistol. While accompanied by the jabber, FL4K's movement speed is increased.
Holding the Action Skill key issues an attack command where the jabber throws a radiation barrel at enemies.
- Movement Speed: +5.0%
FL4K is joined by a Spiderant Centurion companion that imparts FL4K with health regeneration.
Holding the Action Skill key issues an attack command where the spiderant charges into enemies.
- Health Regeneration: +1.0% of Max Health/sec
FL4K is joined by a Guard Skag companion that increases FL4K's damage while it is with them.
Holding the Action Skill key issues an attack command where the skag vomits acid onto enemies.
- Damage: +5.0%
- Main article: FL4K/ECHO Recorders
- Main article: FL4K/Quotes
- While FL4K's pet cannot be disabled once one has been selected, resetting their skill points at a Quick Change station will remove the pet. This allows FL4K to play without their sidekick as long as one is not selected afterward.
- FL4K was leaked prior to the game's announcement in December 2018.
- FL4K seems to have some history with Zer0, as when they meet on Promethea, FL4K claims the assassin seems familiar.
- An ECHO log found aboard Sanctuary III reveals that some time before the events of Borderlands 3, FL4K served as an "Indexing Unit" under the command of a man known as the "Grand Archivist." Their employment was cut short when FL4K suddenly acquired self-awareness and a "thirst for murder," as FL4K put it. At this time, it is unknown what brought about this sudden change in FL4K, or which archives FL4K and their master were responsible for.
- FL4K uses they/them pronouns, referring to themselves as "neither man nor woman." This appears to be a conscious choice, as other robots (Claptrap, GenIVIV) are shown to have assigned genders.
- Early concept art depicts them as a cyborg instead of a robot.