“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Special Weapon Effects
So Chadd's not even real? – Always incendiary. Fires 2 bullets per shot. Does not consume ammo. Massively extended overheat limit.
Usage & Description
The Extreme Hangin' Chadd works as a reasonable substitute for an incendiary Infinity.
It should be used for short to medium-range combat with hip fire as the flames around the sights makes it difficult to aim while scoped. The low accuracy of COV weapons makes long-range shooting impractical unless aiming at large enemies.
- The Chadd synergizes well with elemental builds (the best example being Amara) or incendiary-focused skills (Moze). It also benefits from skills that increase gun damage the longer it is fired (Click, Click...).
- The Chadd is an excellent utility weapon to refill pistol ammo for Moze if she has a point in Redistribution.
- Paired with a Tediore weapon, such as the Baby Maker, Moze can reload and switch back to the Chadd to refill on ammo.
- The Extreme Hangin' Chadd can still be fired if the character is out of pistol ammo, but will eventually break around the overheat limit of 999 shots.
- FL4K can regain ammo when landing critical hits using the Leave No Trace skill.
- The name refers to a "Hanging Chad", which is a partially hole-punched ballot card (or chads) with its corners still intact.
- The red text refers to a skit by the Derrick Comedy group where Donald Glover's character, upon realizing he was duped in an investigative sting, says: "So, Chadd's not even real? You guys just played me like a sap, for the big scoop?"
- Chadd apparently has a relative, quite possibly his brother (or perhaps even his father), buried in a grave in the Withernot Cemetery on planet Xylourgos. His gravestone bears the name "Bradd," and the inscription below the name reads "Taste the Danger!"