“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Excalibastard is stuck in a stone at Stanton's Liver. It is found by jumping across several cliffs at the left edge of the map, as seen from the entrance, before crossing the bridge leading to the refinery complex.
Thou art most badass. – All parts fixed. Increased critical hit damage. Perfect (100.0) accuracy. Critical hits have 100% chance to freeze targets with ranged and melee while wielding the weapon. Meleeing frozen enemies with this weapon generates a singularity that pulls enemies in close and then explodes into a cryo elemental nova which freezes other nearby enemies.
Usage & Description
The Excalibastard is a versatile weapon for any character, due to its perfect accuracy, being virtually immune to recoil due to the "Reverse Recoil" effect (present on all Hyperion weapons) which is unable to exceed 100.0 accuracy, and its guaranteed freeze chance on critical hits.
The Excalibastard works well with characters such as Wilhelm and Aurelia, who can invest into skills that increase Laser effectiveness and Cryo damage (respectively); Athena can also make use of the guaranteed blade attachment and Singularity effect on the weapon, which will provide melee-focused builds with a reliable source of freezing.
- Excalibastard requires 2500 Badass Rank to pick up. It may only be taken once per character, across playthrough modes.
- Excalibastard can be obtained from the Grinder since patch 1.02.
- A cryo singularity can be created multiple times on the same enemy if they do not die.
- It is possible to freeze enemies as Nisha using Tombstone and grenades, so long as the Excalibastard is being held when the grenade scores a critical hit.
- The name is a portmanteau of Excalibur, the name of King Arthur's sword, and "bastard."