Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
After destroying ECLIPSE, 5H4D0W-TP reconfigures itself one final time using the H-Source, and becomes EOS, a gigantic construct modeled after the Helios space station, but in an incomplete form with a different color and central eye.
- Main article: System Shutdown
- "KILL THE VAULT HUNTER!"
- "DIGISTRUCTING REINFORCEMENTS!"
- "MOONSHOT CANNON, DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
- “YOU WILL ALL SUBMIT TO MY WILL!”
- "I WILL NOT SUBMIT TO YOU!"
- "YOU'VE MADE A MISTAKE! A BIG MISTAKE!"
- "I CAN KILL WITHOUT MY SHIELD!"
- "MY SHIELD! YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT!"
- "SHIELD DEPLETED, BANDITS ARE IMPORTED!"
- When fought during the story mission System Shutdown, EOS will always reward a random legendary item upon defeat. However, any subsequent fights do not guarantee a legendary item. On the relatively rare occasion a legendary item is not rewarded, up to four purple items and four Moonstone clusters are rewarded instead.
- EOS has an increased chance to drop the legendary Kaneda's Laser rocket launcher, Proletarian Revolution pistol and is the only loot source for the Absolute Zero laser.
- If Vault Hunters have approached the ECLIPSE/EOS fight either underleveled or without extensive gear preparation, EOS can be extremely difficult and time-consuming to defeat. This is partially due to the immediately-prior fight against ECLIPSE being a difficult fight on its own, often depleting much-needed ammo reserves prior to EOS's sudden appearance, and partially due to EOS simply withstanding and dealing substantial amounts of damage. It is possible for the fight to last upwards of half an hour in these circumstances.
- Despite this, it is also possible for EOS to be defeated near-instantly, utilizing certain character and gear combinations and/or exploits. Some methods of dealing damage to EOS using these combinations/exploits inflict so much damage that it is possible to bypass multiple (if not all) phases of the fight, effectively canceling its usually mandatory shield recharges.
- Unlike ECLIPSE prior to it, fighting EOS in co-operative play is actually easier than solo attempts, as EOS splits its attacks amongst the multiple Vault Hunters. This is especially useful if EOS uses its devastating laser attack, as if the targeted Vault Hunter dies, the remaining Vault Hunter(s) can remain in the fight, ensuring EOS won't respawn with full health and shields.
- EOS is prone to several glitches, which can occur at any point during the fight. The first glitch listed below will always happen, the ones following it may happen:
- During the third and final phase of the fight, EOS will always materialize in a static line of sight, rapidly spinning to face its targeted Vault Hunter once it is fully visible. It will remain facing this angle for the remainder of the fight, however, its model will instantly flip a full 180 degrees whenever it passes behind the center of the arena.
- The eye of EOS may disappear entirely during a shield recharge, effectively removing most of EOS's offensive capabilities. If this happens, sometimes the critical hit location is permanently exposed until the end of the fight, allowing it to be defeated with ease.
- During the phases where EOS vanishes and its shields recharge, the Eye of Helios/Moonshot cannon and EOS's various cannons may not despawn. The turrets will still attack in this case and can take damage.
- EOS may suddenly reset rather than reappear following a phase in which it recharges its shields - completely refilling its health as well. If this occurs, it will continue to happen for the rest of the game session, making it undefeatable. It is also possible for it to simply despawn, making it impossible to finish the fight. This is easily noticeable if EOS takes significantly more time to complete its shield recharge, resulting in the glitch enemies failing to despawn.
- Upon death during single player, which causes EOS to respawn with full health and shields, it may reappear in a location far away from and not utilizing its regular movement arc, making targeting it either extremely difficult or impossible. This glitch can also happen with ECLIPSE
- In Greek mythology, Ēōs is a Titaness and the goddess of the dawn, who is the sister of Helios