E-GUN is a unique aftermarket blaster laser in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel manufactured by Maliwan. It is obtained from the mission Sub-Level 13: Part 2 located in Sub-Level 13, if the fast travel console is repaired.
Special Weapon Effects
Kills ghosts, apparently. – Increased continuous damage. Always non-elemental, fixed weapon parts. No movement speed penalty when aiming down sights. Increased effectiveness against flesh but ineffective against armor/shields.
Usage & Description
The E-Gun is the only laser weapon to benefit from bonuses affecting non-elemental damage. Additionally, an important effect of the E-Gun is that it is the only weapon capable of damaging the ghosts encountered during the Sub-Level 13 mission.
In exchange for a lack of elemental effect, the E-GUN forfeits the ability to have a damage-over-time effect and is heavily resisted by shields and armor. However, the E-GUN is stronger against flesh enemies than an equivalent incendiary weapon, dealing roughly 170% damage to flesh targets in Normal mode, and 200% in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. Additionally, as the E-GUN has no damage-over-time effect, it does not lose any of its damage potential when used in a vacuum.
CleanupTo meet Borderlands quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving, spell-checking and/or trimming the article.
- A mission weapon version of the E-GUN is given when Sub-Level 13: Part 2 is active.
- A permanent version of the E-GUN is awarded if the mission is turned in to Schmidt by using the inverter to repair the fast travel station. The mission and reward versions of the weapon are identical.
- The E-GUN spawns with all parts fixed, consisting of a Maliwan body, Dahl barrel and stock, Tediore grip, no sight and a unique effect that allows this weapon to defeat ghosts.
- Showdown greatly reduces the E-Gun's strong recoil.
- The E-GUN works with Nisha's The Unforgiven skill and triggers explosions at the end of Showdown. The beam will not, however, ricochet from enemy to enemy.
- The E-GUN does not work with Nisha's Hot Lead or Magnificent Six despite being non-elemental.
- The battery color of the weapon (which represents its element on lasers) is red, matching the ones found on incendiary weapons. It is possible that E-GUN's element is a modified version of the incendiary element that has the same strengths and weaknesses against enemies but with a different damage type, thus the bonus is unable to affect it.
- The E-GUN has a unique voice module that can only be heard during the missions involving it.
- E-GUN cannot spawn with a prefix and is only avaliable at purple rarity.
- The line 'Can kill ghosts, apparently' is added as one of the bullet points on the gun, listing it as an actual bonus to the weapon's stats.
- This doesn't change the weapon's usage as Ghosts do not appear after Sub-Level 13: Part 2 is completed.
- You can't hurt them! Shoot the junction box on the wall, it's the only way!
- No time to explain! I'm in the vent!
- The ECHO explains it all!
- Impressive! I actually work on those things!
- Are you experiencing feelings of dread? I know I am.
- The E-GUN is a reference to Ghostbusters: