Dr. Zed is the only human resident of Fyrestone met by the Vault hunters. He gives out some of the initial missions, before relocating to New Haven.
Between the events of Borderlands and Borderlands 2, Zed relocated back to Fyrestone, where he was approached by Hyperion's Vice President, Mr. Blake. Blake tried to evict Zed from the town several times and even showed him photos of New Haven's destruction as added encouragement, but Zed continued to refuse. When Roland later asked Zed to move to Sanctuary, Zed initially declined and insisted that he would die protecting Fyrestone, but quickly changed his mind when Hyperion attacked the town in the middle of the conversation.
- The Doctor Is In
- Skags At The Gate
- Fix'er Upper
- Blinding Nine-Toes
- Nine-Toes: Meet T.K. Baha
- Job Hunting
- Sledge: Meet Shep
- Leaving Fyrestone
- Do No Harm
- Medical Mystery
- Medical Mystery: X-Com-municate
- Monster Mash (Part 1)
- Monster Mash (Part 2)
- Monster Mash (Part 3)
Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary
- The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
- Claptrap's New Robot Revolution
- Borderlands 2
- Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary
- Main article: Dr. Zed/Quotes
Med Vendor Quotes
- Dr. Zed has an invisible barrier spreading a few feet in front of him which protects him from grenades, but bullets can pass through.
- In Borderlands 2, when shopping from Dr. Zed in Sanctuary directly, it still plays audio clips from the vending machine. He also shares items with the vendor on the left of the entrance.
- Dr. Zed is introduced waving a "buzz axe". This same type of melee weapon is later encountered in the hands of psychos.
- Dr. Zed owns a Light Runner as he taunts the rakk for defecating on it during the mission Monster Mash (Part 2).
- His name is strikingly similar to Dr. Ned, a mad scientist that is the main antagonist of the official add-on content The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned. During the story, Dr. Ned calls himself Zed's brother.
- Dr. Zed has his own white and red Claptrap in New Haven. Ironically, he doesn't seem to even notice that the Claptrap is there, besides the fact that the Claptrap will try to communicate with him.
- Dr. Zed's design is based on the initial concept art of Roland.
- In Borderlands 2, it is revealed that he is actually born in Fyrestone.
- In TK Baha's Bloody Harvest, Zombie T.K. mentions that Dr. Zed and Dr. Ned have a third brother named Ted, but they aren't allowed to talk about him for he is considered "The Forbidden Brother."
- Although Dr. Zed does not appear in Borderlands 3 (the infirmary in Sanctuary III is maintained by Patricia Tannis), the med vendors still feature him as an icon.