“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Dominance is a tier 6 passive skill in FL4K's Master skill tree. This skill allows FL4K to dominate an enemy and temporarily turn it into an ally by hitting it with a melee attack or by scoring a critical hit when aiming down sights. The duration is doubled against a beast. The dominated target constantly loses health until either it dies or the effect ends. Only one enemy can be dominated at a time, and each enemy can be dominated only once.
- Dominance duration: 12 seconds
- Dominance duration against beasts: 24 seconds
- Target loses 2% of max health per second
- Target will not attack players
- Other enemies will attack dominated enemies, and vice versa.
Dominance is best used to cause chaos and confusion on the battlefield, dominating support enemies or Badasses to remove them from the fight and cause enemies to turn on them. With the help of their pet, FL4K can draw fire with multiple distractions and rain damage from afar. Against single targets, Dominance can be used to make the target docile, allowing for free hits.
Dominance is arguably one of FL4K's strongest skills, as it causes many enemies to aim for other enemies instead of them. Even if they don't deal much damage to one another, the fact that they aren't damaging FL4K or a co-op character, vastly improves their survivability.
- Enemies may or may not remain subdued for the entire duration.
- As of the Revenge of the Cartels update, friendly enemies can be harmed by FL4K and their allies. Dominated enemies can be determined by a "dizzy" particle effect around their heads, and a white dot on the minimap.
- Dominance cannot be used against large bosses.
- Dominance can be triggered by the Face Puncher, Fish Slap or Stinger, but almost every other weapon can score critical hits anyway, so these three aren't very useful for triggering the skill.
- Due to a glitch, enemies dominated while the "Galaxy Brain" Mayhem Mode modifier is active will have their heads revert to normal during the duration of the skill.
- The skill synergies well with Megavore, allowing Fl4k to score critical hits more often.
- The Bounty Hunter class mod does make all enemies into beasts, which doubles the skills duration. However, enemies that aren't large bosses usually die after 12 seconds of being in combat, and even if it did wear off, FL4K scores critical hits so often that their will almost always be a dominated target. So, the Bounty Hunter's passive does not meaningfully improve the skill.