“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
The Dog is a unique shotgun manufactured by Bandit. The Dog is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Assassin Rouf located in Southpaw Steam & Power.
Special Weapon effects
Because one barrel ain't enough, and two is too few. – Increased damage, fire rate and magazine size.
Usage & Description
The Dog is a powerful Bandit shotgun that can appear very early in the game, with attributes superior to a blue-rarity Bandit shotgun with otherwise equal parts (Room Clener). A purple-rarity Bandit Room Clener can have a tighter spread and do greater damage, but will still take second place to the Dog on magazine size and rate of fire.
- The weapon's full title in the game files is "Thre Dog;" however, "Thre" is treated as a prefix by the game engine and can be replaced with other prefixes.
- Three Dog is the name of the radio host for the 'Galaxy News Radio', a popular radio station prominent in the game Fallout 3. One of his quotes is: "Three Dog: Because one dog ain't enough, and two is too low, it's Three Dog!"
- The weapon can also drop from Assassin Rouf on Digistruct Peak at the end of the mission, A History of Simulated Violence.
- The weapon was dropped from Captain Flynt on Day 3 as part of the Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt.
- A hotfix on 10/14/13 as part of the Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt gave the Dog and all other bandit shotguns one more shot in the magazine and a slightly faster reload.