“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
The Dog is a unique shotgun manufactured by Bandit. The Dog is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Assassin Rouf located in Southpaw Steam & Power.
Special Weapon effects
Because one barrel ain't enough, and two is too few. – Increased damage, fire rate and magazine size.
Usage & Description
The Dog is a somewhat powerful bandit shotgun, and one of the most versatile shotgun options early on. As a bandit shotgun, the Dog has a naturally high magazine size. However, since it always spawns with three barrels, the combination of these two factors create the problem of ammo consumption. As the game progresses, the Dog is surpassed by most other unique shotguns.
- The weapon's full title in the game files is "Thre Dog;" however, "Thre" is treated as a prefix by the game engine and can be replaced with other prefixes.
- Three Dog is the name of the radio host for the 'Galaxy News Radio', a popular radio station prominent in the game Fallout 3. One of his quotes is: "Three Dog: Because one dog ain't enough, and two is too low, it's Three Dog!"
- The weapon can also drop from Assassin Rouf on Digistruct Peak at the end of the mission, A History of Simulated Violence.
- The weapon was dropped from Captain Flynt on Day 3 as part of the Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt.
- A hotfix on 10/14/13 as part of the Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt gave the Dog and all other bandit shotguns one more shot in the magazine and a slightly faster reload.