- "Here it is, the end of all things. Tyreen has opened The Great Vault. There's no denying it, no delaying, no escaping. When the world is burning down around you, all you can do is run towards the fire. Time to kill a god."
- Enter portal
- Find Tyreen
- Defeat Tyreen the Destroyer
- Collect Vault Key
- Loot Vault
- Leave Vault
- Return to Sanctuary
- Go to Lilith's room
- Talk to Ava
- Give Vault Key to Tannis
- Talk to Tannis
- Loot Lilith's room
- Place Eridian artifact
Tyreen the Destroyer can be a very easy fight if the right precautions are taken. It is recommended to have a shield with the Brimming buff (+5% health regeneration when shields are full) so that when Tyreen ducks under or around the arena, the Vault Hunters can have some effective form of health regeneration. She will start the fight by rearing her mangled body and some quick damage can be dealt, the most being with shotguns.
Tyreen has four forms of attack in the initial phase:
- A single beam that can deal massive amounts of damage and quickly cripple characters.
- Rows of eridium shards launched from the ground in 3 directions
- These can be outrun or jumped over.
- Multiple bombs launched around the arena.
When her first portion of health is gone, the arena will turn purple and she will be immune for some time. Characters must climb on her back (as instructed by Lilith) and damage the Eye of the Destroyer that rests on her head so that she becomes vulnerable again. The fastest way up is behind the monster, while the critical hit location is Tyreen's head. If the eye is shot and the character backpedals, they can stand on her head to deal more damage. Weapons with massive burst damage (Hellwalker, Mind-Killer, etc) or those that regenerate ammo (The Butcher, King's Call, Queen's Call, or Lucian's Call,) will be useful in depleting her health. The character will be knocked off Tyreen if they are still on her when she gets up.
Her next set of attacks include a massive rotation cylinder of lasers, a fireball that shoots out in several directions, and an incendiary laser blast that comes from 5 directions in a cone. When she hits the final portion of her health bar, she will fly up and shoot out 20 or so lasers in 2 cone patterns that will deal a massive amount of damage if it hit the character. When she lands to stop and recharge, the killing blow can be dealt.
A different strategy to fighting Tyreen is to stay at the entrance of the arena. The majority of her attacks cannot reach there, and the ones that can are slow and very easy to dodge. When Tyreen is killed, the Vault can be looted.
- "Attention, crew of Sanctuary. That motherf**kin' Vault Hunter just saved y'all asses, so show some respect! Ain't enough heroes in this galaxy."
Turn In: Tannis
- Mission items:
- Vault Key
- Eridian Ascensionator
- Lilith's chest onboard Sanctuary III can be only opened once per playthrough and will always contain legendary items.