“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Under ConstructionThis article or section is in the middle of an expansion or major restructuring and is Under Construction. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well.
Designer's Cut is a downloadable content pack for Borderlands 3. It introduces one additional Skill Tree for each of the playable characters (bringing each character's total number of Skill Trees to four) and includes a new, roguelike game mode known as Arms Race.
Designer's Cut was released on November 10, 2020. It is included with the second of Borderlands 3's Season Passes and Borderlands 3's Ultimate Edition, and is available for individual purchase for US$14.99.
- Main article: Arms Race
Arms Race is the galaxy's premier reality murder show, hosted by former Vault Hunters turned ECHOcast commentators: Axton and Salvador. Taking place throughout the Stormblind Complex, an expansive decommissioned DAHL military base in a hidden corner of Pandora, Arms Race strips the Vault Hunters of all their skills and gear, forcing them to find the equipment necessary to survive against hordes of enemies and the icy Murdercane ravaging the area. Axton and Salvador narrate as the Vault Hunters scrounge for gear, fight to survive and avoid the always-encroaching Murdercane.
- A new Skill Tree for each playable Vault Hunter.
- A new game mode: Arms Race.
- Gear Extractors placed exclusively throughout Stormblind Complex. These Extractors allow high-tier items (such as Legendary weapons) to be extracted from Stormblind Complex - where normally they would be wiped from the Vault Hunter's inventory upon leaving - for use throughout the rest of Borderlands 3.
- Multiple new unique, purple, and legendary weapons and gear.
- Main article: Designer's Cut mission flow
Locations that appear on the Fast Travel list are marked with a *. Exit-only locations are marked with a #.
- Children of the Vault
- Children of the Vault
- Assault Trooper
- Badass Contaminator Heavy
- Badass Frontrunner
- Badass Icebreaker Heavy
- Badass NOG
- Badass Powerhouse Heavy
- Badass Pyrotech Heavy
- Badass Trooper
- Breach Trooper
- Contaminator Heavy
- Flash Trooper
- Icebreaker Heavy
- Jet Trooper
- Med Trooper
- Powerhouse Heavy
- Pyrotech Heavy
- Riot Trooper
- When inside Stormblind Complex, the location of Arms Race, every item (weapon, shield, etc.) and every skill and ability that has been specced into is stripped from the Vault Hunter, leaving them with only a full health bar and their bare fists. Items and specced skills are all restored upon leaving Stormblind Complex.