Deliverance is a legendary shotgun in Borderlands 2 manufactured by Tediore. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Tumbaa located in Wildlife Exploitation Preserve.
Special Weapon Effects
Kiki got a shotgun – Reload-thrown weapon continues to fire after thrown and homes in on targets. Low burst damage upon impact.
Usage & Description
Upon reloading, instead of being thrown in an arc like most Tediore guns, the Deliverance will fly in a slow and straight path, ricocheting from surfaces until it detonates after several seconds. If there is an enemy within range of the user, the Deliverance will home in and fire at the target until it detonates on impact. If the first target is killed before the shotgun detonates, the Deliverance will move to another target.
The Deliverance's targeting features are such that the reload-throw need not aim directly at an enemy. If it is thrown away from a target, Deliverance takes longer to travel towards the target, thus firing more shots before reaching it.
- When reloaded, the Deliverance continues to fire on its own, even if the magazine is depleted.
- The final explosion is affected by the amount of ammunition left in the magazine when fired, though the secondary attack has no effect on this.
- The Deliverance makes it much easier to get the "High-Flying Hurler" achievement (kill an aerial enemy with a Tediore reload-throw) due to its homing abilities. The achievement can be obtained even if the enemy is killed by shots fired from it while it is flying.
- Due to its unique homing mid-air firing capabilities, the Deliverance can be extremely useful against rakk and surveyors.
- Shots fired by the Deliverance while it is reloading do not cause Zer0 to exit Decepti0n, nor do they receive the bonus from Decepti0n.
- The shots fired by the Deliverance while it is reloading can receive bonus damage from amp shields.
- The Deliverance will not target invisible enemies, such as stalkers or Hyperion Infiltrators, and can only attack them directly when they are uncloaked.
- The Deliverance will attempt to take the shortest path to the nearest enemy, this can cause it to become trapped in corners as it bounces around.
- The combination of Fast Hands and a high reload speed modifier makes it possible to have multiple instances of Deliverance targeting an enemy, drastically increasing damage per second (DPS).
- The Deliverance's reload damage is boosted by grenade damage bonuses, like all Tediore weapons.
- A single Gentle Deliverance is unlocked through the use of a SHiFT code included in the Diamond Plate Loot Chest. The weapon's caption reads "Flying death and Miyazaki references. What's not to love?"
- The Deliverance, its flavor text, and the weapon's behaviour are references to the movie "Kiki's Delivery Service".