Decepti0n is Zer0's Action Skill. When used, Zer0 becomes cloaked for six seconds, turning invisible to enemies. He simultaneously deploys a holographic decoy that draws enemy aggro for the duration of Decepti0n. Firing a weapon or striking an enemy in melee immediately ends Decepti0n, but adds a tremendous damage bonus to that single attack:
- Up to +200% Gun Damage (minimum bonus: +40%)
- Up to +650% Melee Damage (minimum bonus: +230%).
- Up to +250% Gun Critical Damage
This bonus increases the longer Zer0 remains cloaked, but ending Decepti0n early decreases the next Decepti0n's cooldown. Decepti0n has a maximum base cooldown of 15 seconds.
Decepti0n can help Zer0 remain undetected by a group of enemies while using a Sniper Rifle, provided he is out of view, or is far away enough from the enemies, after making a shot.
Sometimes, if Zer0 appears behind an unalerted enemy after hitting them (with melee or gun), the enemy will remain unalerted. If Zer0 has Many Must Fall and kills an enemy in Decepti0n, he will most likely be detected because of the newly created decoy.
Decepti0n can also temporarily remove enemy aggro from Zer0 (the red dots will disappear from minimap) if Zer0 places his decoy entirely inside a large obstacle such as a boulder or a building. This is done by activating Decepti0n when facing the obstacle and standing close to it. If he can move far away enough from the enemies while invisible, or is out of view when Decepti0n ends, he will become undetected afterward.
- Zer0 will remain semi-visible to teammates while in Decepti0n, appearing as a transparent silhouette that distorts the background behind himself.
- The decoy counts as a physical object and can get in the way of shots, including those fired by Zer0 himself and other characters in co-op. It can also block movement abilities such as charges made using Execute.
- Decepti0n has an unlisted gun accuracy bonus.
- Throwing grenades will not end Decepti0n. Tediore reloads will not end Decepti0n, either. They do receive the appropriate damage boost from Decepti0n.
- Melee attacks that miss an enemy do not end Decepti0n.
- Decepti0n confers no actual bonus to critical hit damage multiplier, only weapon base damage.
- While Decepti0n is active, cloaked enemies such as Stalkers will be revealed.
- When aiming down iron sights or a scope, crosshairs will appear.
- Unlike other Action Skills, activating Decepti0n while aiming down iron sights or a scope will skip the initial Decepti0n animation and not cause the player to zoom out. The decoy will still appear.
- Certain homing attacks, such as a Constructor's rocket barrage or Saturn's explosive drone barrage, will still home in on Zer0 if he activates Decepti0n after these attacks have been made.
- While in Decepti0n, enemy textures change to the periodic table of elements along with Morse code.
- This can be seen on bigger enemies like the Leviathan.