What do we say to the God of Death? – Reduces character health to 1. Increases shield capacity by 100%. Increases shield recharge rate by 25%, decreases recharge delay by 25%.
Usage & Description
The character's HP cannot increase past 1, but max health remains the same. This works well with any character wishing to take advantage of a large shield capacity and is particularly effective for Moze, whose Shield of Retribution skill tree has many methods of enhancing shield capabilities.
Using a projector-type shield with the Deathless is not recommended as the projected shield leaves the character vulnerable from behind, being crippled instantly by any damage or area of effect while crouching.
The Deathless artifact will grant three of the following bonuses:
- Area-of-effect damage
- Combat XP
- Elemental chance
- Elemental damage
- Elemental resistance
- Health regeneration
- Magazine size
- Melee damage
- Shield recharge delay
- Shield recharge rate
- Weapon-type specific damage
- Atom Balm
Increased radiation aura damage, burst damage and burst radius.
Sliding deals incendiary damage and leaves a magma puddle on impact.
- Knife Drain
Melee attacks restore a portion of the damage dealt as health.
- Elemental Stone
Melee attacks deal elemental damage.
- Snow Drift
Sliding launches a snowball that does cryo damage.
- Toxic Revenger
Slams create a corrosive puddle on impact.
- Spark Plug
Slams create a shock puddle on impact.
Melee enemies to trigger enrage.
- Flesh Melter
Boosts corrosive damage. Up to 5 stacks.
- A Deathless with the Last Stand prefix will give the character invulnerability upon taking any damage. The cooldown on this invulnerability can be bypassed by unequipping and reequipping it.
- Moze's Desperate Measures will permanently grant maximum damage with a Deathless equipped.
- The Deathless's special effect functions similarly to Moze's Thin Red Line skill and the Front Loader shield. These effects can all be stacked.
- While equipped, health packs will spawn more frequently, replacing ammo, due to the character constantly being low health. This can be used to great effect for Moze with a Bloodletter class mod, converting health gain into shield gain.
- The flavor text is a reference to Game of Thrones television serial drama. Syrio Forel asks Arya Stark "What do we say to the God of Death", to which she responds "Not today".