“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Death Spheres are enemies found in Borderlands 3. They are hovering robotic entities powered by anti-gravity propulsion, and are part of the defense system employed by Maliwan on Skywell-27. As robotic enemies, their health bars are made up of Armor and they are weak to Corrosive damage.
Rhys indirectly warns the Vault Hunters on the dangers of Death Spheres once they set foot on Skywell-27, though none of the enemy types are actually named "Death Sphere". They are one of the few enemies that can spawn from Maliwan Digistruct pods.
All Death Spheres talk in monotonous language with a feminine voice, similar to Loader robots.
- Firing pattern found. Initializing.
- Monopoly threatened, activating murder protocols.
- Superior firepower unleashed.
- Engaging competition.
- We will handle this ourselves.
- Competition engaged.
- Executing killshot.exe.
- Opening up.
- Another day, another disintegration.
- Whoever kills that competitor gets a bonus!
- We are the future. But in a cool way.
- I have to.
- Death ball mode activated!
- Pew. Pew. Pew.
- Initiating cover fire.
- Pain train pulling into the station! You are the station!
Taking elemental damage
- Acid. That's original.
- Chemical shower requested.
- I am... getting so hot.
- pH imbalance detected.
- Getting warm.
- I burn.
- Oh no, I'm done.
- That costed Maliwan a lot of money.
- System shutdown.
- Shutting down.
- Superiority not confirmed.
- Whoops! I'm kaput!
- Chance of imminent death: 100%.
- But we were supposed to win.
- No. No. No. No.
- Death Spheres are unable to fire through other Death Spheres if one is in the way.
- A unique type of Death Sphere known as "Pleasure Spheres" are mentioned but never seen in-game, apart from the one Rhys hijacks during the events of the story. Like their names suggest, they are pleasure-oriented, and are fitted with music, lubricant, and ambient light shows.
- Three more inactive pleasure spheres can be found in "Katagawa's Pleasure Pit", the room containing a slot machine behind the shield.