“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Special Weapon Effects
You're not playing the odds, friend. – 50% chance to buff the weapon on reload. Reduced accuracy. Has a unique reload animation.
Usage & Description
The Dead Chamber can be quite a powerful weapon when its buff activates, making it useful for scoring headshots for ricochet spots. However, it has a very large spread even when compared to Masher pistols, making it only usable at close quarters. Its low magazine size can also make it difficult to use up close for long periods of time and fully benefit from the damage buff.
- The weapon buff is shown with purple "laser" projectiles being fired.
- A large reticle is used for normal shots, while a smaller reticle is used when the magazine is amped by the gun's effects.
- Amped shots have a 100% damage increase.
- The amped shots synergize well with Leave No Trace, Some for the Road, or any other skill that increases magazine size or extends how long a magazine will last.
- The unique reload animation is a reference to one of the rare reload animations in the Battlefield series of video games.
- The flavor text is a quote from Harvey Dent (Two-Face) from the 2008 film The Dark Knight.