Dahl is a multi-conglomerate corporation featured prominently in Borderlands, specifically on planet Pandora. One of Dahl's primary businesses is the manufacture of weapons. It is apparently the largest weapon manufacturer on Pandora.
- Dahl offers free ECHO HUDs to new settlers on Pandora. This is most likely the remains of a promotional deal offered during Pandora's short lived "gold rush" era. They also created the ECHOnet.
- Dahl had established mining operations on Pandora. They were mining Iridium, which according to Tannis was 'lucrative'. Dahl used unpaid convict labor for its mining operation and when they left Pandora, they simply set the convicts free.
- Dahl also appears to be the manufacturer of the green garbage bins around Pandora, having the stylized Dahl name embossed on the front of them. The Claptrap Repair Kits also are manufactured by Dahl. According to the sign on his garage in T-Bone Junction, Dahl also supports Scooter's Catch-a-Ride system, which is unusual, considering that the station poles are manufactured by Hyperion.
- Dahl hired Patricia Tannis as a scientific adviser to search for alien technology on Pandora.
- Dahl also bought a large portion of Pandora cleverly named the Dahl Headlands.
- Dahl built the wind turbines on Pandora according to Shep Sanders. On the mission Braking Wind he mentions in the summary "Dahl seized those (air conditioners) right about the time they built the turbines".
- Dahl built Axton's turret. Axton was a former soldier for Dahl, but he was kicked out. (Borderlands 2)
- Dahl now have their own brand of loot chest as seen in trailers for Borderlands 2.
Dahl firearms tend to have elevated recoil reduction. Their weapons are said to be marketed to mercenaries and are generally finished in a green camouflage print (some rarer Dahl guns are seen in desert and urban camouflage print). Dahl weapons are mostly named after animals.
The following is a list of their named guns, legendary rarity guns and other products.
- Repeater Pistol - The Dove
- Shotgun - T.K.'s Wave
- Sniper Rifle - Nailer
- Sniper Rifle - Reaver's Edge
- Submachine Gun - Typhoon
- Combat Rifle - Raven
- Repeater Pistol - Hornet
- Revolver - Anaconda
- Shotgun - Bulldog
- Sniper Rifle - Penetrator
- Submachine Gun - Wildcat
- Berserker - Blast Master, Bombardier
- Siren - Firefly, Mercenary, Professional Dahl Loyalty
- Soldier - Heavy Gunner, Leader, Marine (The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC only).
- Bouncing Betty - Explosive, Corrosive, Incendiary, Shock
- Corrosive Resistance - Neutralizing, Dilution, Hazmat
- "Dahl makes weapons for professional mercs. They're heavy, accurate and effective, assuming you are strong enough to hold one!" - Marcus Kincaid
- "Dahl's guns absorb a lot of recoil, allowing you to stay accurate throughout the fight!" - Marcus Kincaid
- It's possible that this manufacturer's name comes from the last name of the game's Executive Producer - Stephen Bahl.
- In the line Marcus says about Dahl ("Dahl makes weapons for professional mercs. They're heavy, accurate and effective, assuming you are strong enough to hold one!") there is a spelling mistake in the subtitles where "you are" is spelled "your".
- In Borderlands 2, a radio ad for Dahl weapons mentions that the company was founded by Stanton Dahl.
- Dahl weapons re-appear in Borderlands 2, taking on a more realistic and modern weapon-style. The gearbox gun pack also features Dahl weapons with gearbox logo skins