“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
DAN-TRP and CLAP-9000 are NPCs from Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.
DAN-TRP and CLAP-9000 can be found in Automated Weapons Production section of Research and Development. Jack built them with the "peaceful warrior" and "sexy megalomaniac" presets thinking they'd work together and create some really wild stuff. Instead, the robots fell into an endless argument about what weapon should they create and Jack had a Vault Hunter disable one of them with a restraining bolt to resume production.
- Main article: Infinite Loop
- Upon completion of the mission, they can no longer be interacted with.
- Both Claptrap units are homages to villainous AIs.
- DAN-TRP is a homage to SHODAN, the main antagonist of the System Shock series. He mimics her corrupted, stuttering style of speech, omnipotent personality, and references to people as "meat bags" and "insects". The wires on his open front panel are a reference to those that connect to her head, used to give her the illusion of her having hair.
- CLAP-9000 is a homage to HAL 9000, the main antagonist from the 1968 movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. He mimics the direct, emotionless, calm and conversational demeanor and hollow interest in helping. His lens is also red, matching the red lens used to represent HAL-9000's interface.