Crowdsourcing is the title of a group of common shotguns in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. They are manufactured exclusively by Hyperion and feature the triple (bandit/scav) barrel.
Usage & Description
Crowdsourcing shotguns use the Bandit triple barrels, greatly increasing their projectile count at the cost of 3 ammo per shot.
- The variants of Crowdsourcing in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel commonly spawns with Hyperion's new-style materials and prefixes which are the same as in Borderlands 2.
- In addition to the Crowdsourcing, a variant of this weapon exists in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel as the Focus Group, made by the "old" Hyperion.
- This weapon only spawns at green or higher rarity.
- The Crowdsourcing is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source.
- Crowdsourcing is a noun that refers to "The act of obtaining information by enlisting the services of many other people."
- The weapon's full title in the game files is "Tri Fusion Crowdsourcing"; however, "Tri Fusion" is treated as a prefix by the game engine and can be replaced with other prefixes.