The Creeper is a creature that lives in a hidden cave in the Caustic Caverns. Creepers are generally silent, and prefer to draw in close before self-detonating. They are tall and blocky in appearance, with bright green and gray pixel skin.
Several Creepers can be found in a mine shaft in the north-west section of Caustic Caverns across a mine cart bridge. The entrance is marked with large squarish boulders and covered with breakable blocks that strongly resemble Minecraft dirt and smooth stone. After tunneling a short distance, the tunnel opens into a small cave where several Creepers emerge from the dark tunnels one by one. Finally, the last creeper to appear is the Badass Creeper.
The Badass Creeper is a unique variant of the regular Creeper. He is much larger and produces a bigger explosion when killed. All creepers have a small chance of spawning as a Badass Creeper. The last Creeper encountered will always be a Badass. Both can spawn.
Creepers will chase after any character they see that gets close. When in close proximity, a Creeper will produce a sound similar to lighting a fuse and violently explode. Shooting a creeper while the "fuse" is going will prematurely trigger the explosion away from the character. Creepers have no form of attack other than this suicidal explosion.
Creepers are immune to singularity effects, such as from grenades or Converge.
Creepers have no critical hit spot, reducing the usefulness of weaker weapons that depend on critical hits, such as a Lady Fist or low rarity sniper rifles.
- Phaselocking a Creeper about to explode may cause the game to crash.
- Badass Creepers have a chance of dropping the Longbow or Blockhead. Both normal and Badass Creepers commonly drop Minecraft themed skins for each character class, and Badass Creepers always drop a Minecraft themed head for at least one of the six character classes.
- Creeper explosions are the only way to break the Minecraft blocks besides melee. Luring Creepers close to large collections of blocks, such as in the middle of the cavern or the entrance, is a quick way to expose any loot contained within.
- The Creeper is an enemy originally from the game Minecraft. They appear in Borderlands 2 as an Easter Egg.
- The Minecraft skins are based on the Steve skin from Minecraft.