“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Developed by Gearbox Software Quebec, Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary was first unofficially leaked on June 6, 2019, before being officially announced and released on June 9, 2019. It is available to all owners of Borderlands 2 free of charge from its release date until July 8, 2019, where it will be gaining a price point for future purchase.
NOTE: This DLC is only available on the PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One ports of Borderlands 2. It is NOT available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita ports.
After the conclusions to both Borderlands 2 and Tales from the Borderlands, the Crimson Raiders have had their sights set to the stars, trying to figure out a way to decipher the Vault Map and leave Pandora to hunt down more Vaults before they fall into the wrong hands. However, while they were busy looking forward, they forgot to watch their backs.
Colonel Hector, leader of a Dahl battalion long abandoned by their superiors and unknown to the Crimson Raiders, assaults and claims the flying city of Sanctuary and the Vault Key, bent on infecting Pandora with a gas that he believes will transform the planet into the paradise his old Dahl superiors promised him and his men many years ago. It is now the Vault Hunters' job to stop Hector and his New Pandora army before he infects the entirety of the planet.
- The all-new Effervescent rarity. Highly powerful items, classed in-game as above Legendary, many Effervescent items interact with one another, making them more powerful when used in combination.
- Multiple new Legendary weapons.
- An additional 8 Levels and 2 Overpower Levels. If all DLCs are installed, this raises the maximum Level cap from 72 to 80, and the Overpower Level cap from 8 to 10.
- A new environmental hazard - Infection, which provides attack damage benefits when within clouds of the infectious gas and highlights enemies with a sickly yellow glow at the cost of taking significant amounts of damage if exposed to the gas for prolonged periods of time. An exposure meter appears on-screen to indicate how much time is left before damage starts occuring.
- Locations that appear on the Fast Travel list are now categorized based on the DLC for which they belong to. For example, Hallowed Hollow will appear within the Headhunters category, and Eridium Blight will appear within the Borderlands 2 category.
- It is now possible to create a new character that starts at Level 30 rather than Level 1, allowing instant access to late-Normal Mode DLCs (such as Fight For Sanctuary or Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt) without having to complete the rest of the game to survive them.
Locations that appear on the Fast Travel list are marked with a *. Exit-only locations are marked with a #.
- Fight For Sanctuary
- The Backburner*
- Dahl Abandon*
- The Burrows*
- Helios Fallen*
- Mt. Scarab Research Center*
- Paradise Sanctum
- Writhing Deep
Main article: Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary mission flow
- Tiny Tina
- Mad Moxxi
- Dr. Zed
- Sir Hammerlock
- Crazy Earl
- Butt Stallion
- Level range in Normal Mode starts at Level 30 and scales up to a maximum of 38.
- This is the only Borderlands 2 DLC to exceed all other Normal Mode level caps of 35.
- Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary is the only DLC released for Borderlands 2 that is not available for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3