Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Claptastic Voyage is a downloadable content pack for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. It adds a new story campaign, new locations, a new weapon rarity and a customizable, repeatable slaughterdome arena. As a final addition, the level cap is increased by 10.
Claptastic Voyage was released on the 24th of March 2015, is included within Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel's Season Pass (or is available for individual purchase at US$9.99) and is included in a free of charge update for owners of Borderlands: The Handsome Collection.
After the conclusion to Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Handsome Jack learns that Tassiter hid a powerful, top secret code deep within Claptrap, dubbed the H-Source. To extract the H-Source from Claptrap, Handsome Jack digitizes his Vault Hunters and sends them inside Claptrap's mind to obtain it. What seemed like a simple task turns out to be not so simple...
- A new weapon rarity level, Glitch. Glitch weapons feature moving binary code over their bodies, an occasionally distorting appearance and have a chance to choose from up to four different glitch effects to change how the weapon operates.
- Multiple new unique and legendary weapons.
- New head and skins for each character.
- A repeatable slaughterdome that can be customized by changing gravity and oxygen rules, adding buffs and/or debuffs to health, shields, action skills or weapons and by making enemies stronger/weaker.
- Main article: Claptastic Voyage mission flow
Locations that appear on the Fast Travel list are marked with a *. Exit-only locations are marked with a #.
- Deck 13 1/2 *
- The Nexus *
- Cluster 00773 P4ND0R4 *
- Cluster 99002 0V3RL00K *
- Subconscious *
- The Cortex
- Deck 13.5 #
- Handsome Jack
- Claptrap's Consciousness
- Batch Files
- Dr. Zed
- Patricia Tannis
- Mr. Blake
- Mr. Torgue
- Rex Loader
- Felicity Rampant
- T.K. Baha
- Hope and Self Esteem
- Racist Hot Dog
- Birthday Cat
- Level range in Normal Mode begins at level 30 and scales up to a maximum of 40. In True Vault Hunter Mode, the level range begins at level 40 up to a maximum of 50. In Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, the level range scales with the highest level Vault Hunter from a minimum of 50.
- The dialogue in the opening and ending cutscenes will differ by the selected difficulty mode, though the cutscene itself remains the same.
- The title of the DLC is a play on the 1966 movie Fantastic Voyage, about a group of scientists who are shrunk down to microscopic sizes to enter the body of another man and repair damage to his brain.