“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
SPOILERS!Below is information that may adversely affect the reader's enjoyment of the game.
"Help fix the water purifier for Vaughn, which will take you on a long, strange trip down memory lane."
- Open storage room
- Find the portrait
- Move portrait
- Open back door
- Find a toy bear
- Touch the bear
- Find a vending machine
- Touch vending machine
- Find Hyperion RKT Sentry
- Touch Hyperion RKT Sentry
- Destroy Hyperion RKT Sentry
- Find a satellite
- Touch satellite
- Go to Roland's Rest
- Touch water purifier
- Talk to Vaughn
This mission primarily consists of exploration and listening to Angel's memories. After locating the entrance to the area, the player must first find a stuffed bear. It is located on a couch on the left side of the room. Interact with the bear to proceed.
Next, the player must find an old Borderlands 2 era weapon vending machine. It is located behind a barred gate on the north side of the room. The switch to open it is next to the gate. After interacting with the vending machine, it will dispense random guns and play the next memory. Listen to Tannis, then grab the power fuse next to the vending machine.
The player must then insert the fuse into a fuse box on the second story. Follow the route from the vending machine to an area behind the main room. This will lead players to the second floor. There will be varkids along the path that can be either fought or avoided. Once at the fuse box, insert the fuse and shoot the switches to reveal an old Hyperion turret below.
After listening to the memory, the turret will attack the player and must be destroyed. Once the turret is dealt with, enter the turret's room and look up. There will be a ladder with a wooden pallet blocking the top. Shoot it and proceed up the ladder. Interact with the Hyperion satellite and listen to the final memory. Afterwards, return to Roland's Rest and interact with the water purifier. Once fixed, talk to Vaughn to complete the mission.
Turn In: Vaughn
- Much of Childhood's End deals with Angel's childhood with Handsome Jack as her father, as well as elaborating on certain things hinted at by both Jack and Angel in Borderlands 2.
- Several of Angel's drawings can be found on the walls of the room, all of which depict Angel at some point in her life.
- One of the aforementioned drawings depicts a portrait of Angel along with Lilith, Brick, Mordecai, and Roland with the words "New Friends" above them.
- The dance the stuffed bear performs appears to be a reference to the YouTube video "Colin's Bear Animation".