Carnage is a Pearlescent shotgun in Borderlands 2 manufactured by Torgue. It was added with Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack Two: Digistruct Peak Challenge. Like all of the four Pearlescent weapons from the pack, it is only dropped by Tubby enemies, and only after reaching level 61 while Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack Two is installed.
Special Weapon Effects
huh. It shoots rockets. – Increased damage. Reduced projectile count. Fires rockets with increased projectile velocity and splash radius.
Usage And Description
The Carnage is essentially a Torpedo in shotgun form but with increased projectile velocity and a larger blast radius. This weapon is also able to damage the user if the projectiles explode too close to them.
- The Carnage does not benefit from grenade or rocket launcher damage bonuses and inflicts no additional damage with a direct hit. It also cannot deal critical hits.
- Since a Carnage inflicts only splash damage, kills with it will activate Krieg's Blood Bath skill. Conveniently, that skill increases Krieg's gun damage, which will improve subsequent shots with the same Carnage.
- If the Carnage spawns with the vertical grip accessory ("Casual" prefix), it will consume three ammo per shot and fire 3 rockets per shot.
- Absorb shields are able to convert the Carnage's projectiles into rocket ammunition.
- The Carnage is a returning weapon from Borderlands.
- The flavor text of the Carnage parodies the flavor text from the Borderlands variants, with those variants reading "Holy crap! It shoots rockets!".