Carnage is a Pearlescent shotgun manufactured by Torgue. It was added with Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack Two: Digistruct Peak Challenge. Like all of the four Pearlescent weapons from the pack, it is only dropped by Tubby enemies, and only after reaching level 61 while Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack Two is installed.
Special Weapon Effects
huh. It shoots rockets. – Increased damage with a reduced pellet count. Projectiles resemble Torpedo rockets, but with a greater projectile velocity and area of effect.
Usage And Description
The Carnage is essentially a Torpedo in shotgun form but with increased projectile velocity and a larger blast radius. This weapon is also able to damage the user if the projectiles explode too close to them.
- The Carnage does not benefit from grenade or rocket launcher damage buffs and inflicts no additional damage with a direct hit.
- Since a Carnage inflicts only splash damage, kills with it will activate Krieg's Blood Bath skill. Conveniently, that skill increases Krieg's gun damage, which will improve subsequent shots with the same Carnage.
- Unlike standard shotguns, a Carnage that spawns with the "Casual" vertical grip accessory will increase its ammunition expenditure (as well as its net projectile count) by 2 per shot. However, the additional two pellets will receive full bonus damage from Amplify Shields.
- The fired projectiles will cause Absorb shields to absorb them as rocket ammunition.
- The Carnage is the first common weapon to return from Borderlands as a unique weapon.
- The flavor text of the Carnage parodies the flavor text from the Borderlands variants, with those variants reading "Holy crap! It shoots rockets!".