Captain Flynt is a mini-boss in Borderlands 2 and is the leader of the FleshRipper Bandit Gang. He must be defeated in the mission Best Minion Ever. He is also the shipmaster of The Soaring Dragon, an area overrun with his Ripper bandits.
After Zane left Pandora to join a black ops organization, Captain would regularly send assassins after him as his way of "keeping in touch". Zane sent the heads of one such group of assassins back to Captain, who initially thought them to be preparations for his clan's annual headball tournament before realizing who they belonged to.
At one point, Captain had a son, Sparky, who despised him but still greatly respected him as a father.
- Main article: Best Minion Ever
- "A MILLION BUCKS?! Alright boys this is Captain Flynt, I want you to find that vault hunter and bring him to me NOW!!"
- "DAMMIT!!! *Brief heavy breathing* This ain't over grinder!"
- "Here's what's going to happen Vault Hunter - my first mate Boom Bewm is gonna kill ya, Jack's gonna pay us, and I'm going to play hopscotch in your chest-cavity."
- "Captain Flynt again, asking if any of you has seen my Claptrap unit. Little bastard escaped a few months back. I've had to use Heaton as my back-up torture doll. (sigh) Just ain't the same."
- "At the sound of Heaton screaming for his life, it will be 2:30."
- "See you again at 2:35!"
- "A couple of you have asked me why I keep playing these pre-recorded messages on a loop. Well, I've got a great answer for you - a red hot poker to the eye! Isn't that right, Claptrap?"
- "That's Captain Flynt to you."
- "Got a proposition for ya, Vault Hunter. You give up, we'll just shoot ya in the head. It'll be quick, clean, and a hell of a lot less painful than what Handsome Jack'll do to ya."
- "It's our new torture dolls, boys, let's turn up the heat!"
- Flynt has a high chance of dropping Tinderbox. He also has an increased chance to drop Thunderball Fists.
- The front of his head is protected from critical hits by his helmet. It is possible, though difficult, to score critical hits by shooting through the gap in the visor. This is easier to do while Flynt is above his attackers, looking down at them.
- When visiting the area after the storyline mission, Flynt can target the vault hunters from a distance as they progress through the lower areas of the ship, and will fire at them if they enter his line of sight. It is possible to snipe him from the lowest floors as he sits on his throne and to lure him onto the girders above Claptrap's lift for an easy kill.
- According to the Bradygames strategy guide, he is the brother of the deceased Baron Flynt from Borderlands who was also the leader of a group of bandits. This is supported by an audio file saying that he is still offering a reward for the head of whoever killed Baron, adding the fact that his name wasn't a title, and calling his parents "douchebags."
- This is further reinforced by Zane Flynt's quotes in Borderlands 3. Interestingly, Zane also mentions that "Captain" is the actual first name of Captain Flynt.
- Unlike other enemies with cutscenes, Flynt can be attacked during his own by objects such as turrets or Deathtrap.
- Flynt has an ability to temporarily light himself on fire (which coincides with the vents on the ship spewing flames). This greatly reduces the damage he takes and reflects bullets for a short period.
- Flynt dropped the Dog on Day 3 of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt.
- Flynt mentions in an ECHO recording in Dahl Abandon that Zane is a younger brother to him.