COV (Children of the Vault) is a manufacturer introduced in Borderlands 3.
Weapons of the Children of the Vault behave differently than conventional weapons. When they are drawn, the engine must be started, leaving the character vulnerable for a moment. These weapons also do not have a magazine; instead, they pull ammunition directly from the weapon's pool and never need to be reloaded. The weapons feature a heat gauge that heats up as the weapon is continuously fired. If this gauge reaches its limit, the weapon will "break" and must be fixed. The fixing animation is essentially the same as reloading but typically takes much longer. Heat will dissipate after the gun is not fired for a short time.
COV guns resemble their Bandit creators as crude, makeshift weapons. They are typically created from junk such as aluminum cans, beer bottles, and ubiquitous amounts of duct tape.
Blastphemy • Holey-Man • Preecher • Splainer
- Assault rifles
• BizZurker • Purferater • Ratatater • Wizzperer
- Rocket launchers
• Chucka • Shredda • Zooka
- Pistols – Extreme Hangin' Chadd • The Killing Word •
- Assault rifles – Brad Luck
- Rocket launchers – Agonizer 1500 • Hot Drop • Porta-Pooper 5000
- Pistols – Linoge • Pestilence • Psycho Stabber • SkekSil •
- Assault rifles – Embrace the Pain • Pain is Power • Sawbar • Zheitsev's Eruption
- Rocket launchers –
- "COV-guns are engine driven, and have to be started before they can be fired." (Load screen help teaser)