Butcher is a pearlescent shotgun manufactured by Hyperion. The Butcher can be obtained randomly from any suitable loot source, but has a higher chance to drop from legendary loot midgets,010011110100110101000111010101110101010001001000 and Uranus.
Special Weapon Effects
Fresh Meat! – Reduced pellet count. Greatly increased fire rate. Achieves maximum accuracy much more quickly than other Hyperion shotguns. Each time it is fired, there is a random chance for the magazine to be refilled with a random amount of ammunition. Sustained fire increases fire rate. Consumes 1 ammo per shot
Usage & Description
The Butcher is a very powerful shotgun. Despite having a low pellet count (3 in most cases, 5 with Practicable prefix), its exceptional fire rate, reverse recoil, and unique form of ammo regeneration make up for this, and as such its damage potential is impressive. Under sustained fire, it gains and maintains excellent accuracy for much longer periods of time than most Hyperion shotguns.
- If the Butcher refills while at full magazine capacity, ammo will be added to the character's stock.
- This does not happen if the character's ammo reserve is full.
- Although the Butcher has a Torgue barrel, which normally causes shotguns to consume four rounds per shot, it only consumes one. Additionally, no variant of the Butcher can fire a variable of 4 projectiles, yet the weapon always has four barrels.
- The combination of this gun with Salvador's Keep Firing, Inconceivable, and/or 5 Shots or 6 skills allows for ammunition to be expended for extended durations.
- With Keep Firing and Locked and Loaded, Salvador can increase the Butcher's fire rate to be over 8.0.
- The Butcher is one of the few weapons returning from Borderlands with a different rarity.
- Sometimes the special effect may glitch at full magazine and the weapon will stop consuming ammunition, sustaining uninterrupted fire much like the Infinity. The glitch may disappear after dying, or using a fast travel station but not while swapping to a different gun.
- Sometimes the special effect may glitch at an empty magazine, causing reloading of the weapon to fail. The glitch may disappear after dying, using a fast travel station, or unequipping the weapon from inventory and re-equipping it.
- Krieg makes excellent use of this gun using skills such Blood-Filled Guns, Salt the Wound, and Embrace the Pain to maximize the already good traits of this gun.
- The Butcher's random refilling effect gives it a wildly variable magazine size when used.
- The name and flavor text of this weapon are references to a boss monster from the video game Diablo.
- The Butcher is one of two first-generation Pearlescent weapons to have a unique skin, the other being the Tunguska.
- The Butcher shares the same effect of the Overcompensator.