This is the general discussion page for the wiki! New founders should leave a nice welcome message and encourage new visitors and editors to leave a note to get the conversation started.
Playthrough 1 and 2?
just a quick question, lets say i have done playthrough 1 and started on playthrough 2, will i still be able to play with my playthrough 1 friends on the same character?
Yes, you can leave and enter any Playthrough you want, but the difficulty of #1 is trival at best when you reach the higher levels.
I was wondering about Roland, his skills: Impact (Increase dmg with all weapons) Scattershot (increase shotgun dmg)
Do those skills stack? If so, it would mean you increase shotgun dmg with 30% (which is alot)
Unless otherwise officially stated, it's safe to assume that independent skills can stack on. Although I'm not sure how it is calculated, for example if the two percentages are added and then multiplied by the base damage, or if one takes priority over the other. I assume that they are just added before being multiplied. 15% damage from one skill and 15% damage from another will result in a total of 30% more damage. This is how it's always done, to the best of my knowledge.- Moskao
How long is girlpower (lilith) active?
When a skill say it last "a few seconds" it last 7 seconds
And another: When you have a class mod enhancing a lvl 5 skill, will it go up to for example 8?And also, is if so, does it keep increasing like it did (for example 3% per skill level)?
Yes. But it doesn't show the increase on your skill tree.
A chain question to that. Does it also increase and activate lvl 0 skills? For example, will lilith Daze targets with striking while it's lvl 0 but increased with a class mod?
No, you must have at least one skill point invested into a skill to gain the benefits of +X modifiers from class mods.- Moskao
Rocketlaunchers Bugged or crap?
I noticed this a few times before, but with my rockerlauncher Brick it became a real issue. Sometimes rocketlaunchers don't seem to deal damage, or not much.
This mostly happens when you shoot next or infront of the target, normally an explosion would deal some serious damage, but here it mostly does nothing. I also noticed the rocked passing through targets every once in a while.
I was wondering if this is bugged, or that it is designed this way?
I've noticed the issue with rockets exploding near enemies, and it works both ways. Sometimes my rocket will land at an enemy's feet and do nothing, while other times I'll do something like stand underneath a landing with an enemy on it, shoot up at their feet and it will blow them away. I've also noticed the game seems to be a lot more generous with damage from grenades than rockets. As for rockets passing 'through' enemies, occasionally I'll think a rocket should have hit one when it didn't, but this usually happens when they're at a distance so I chalk it up to being slightly off or the enemy moving out of the way. At close range my rockets always hit, although maybe I shouldn't be firing rockets at enemies five feet away. :)
My biggest issue is that they don't deal damage consistently regardless of where the rocket explodes in relation to the enemy. Mightyteegar 17:37, November 22, 2009 (UTC)
Yes that's what i noticed, such a pity. I think they nerved it a bit too much.
I agree about the rocket launchers, I actually came on here to start a post about this, but I see there already is one. I guess the "advantage" of rocket launchers is that they deal aoe damage. However, there's a lot of disadvantages compared to other weapons.
1. Tiny amount of ammo (and this disadvantage is compounded by most of the following).
2. The rockets velocity is SLOW, almost any enemy will dodge it, or move just randomly and not get hit.
3. The splash damage from hitting the ground around them makes the damage kinda crap.
4. No critical potential(!)
5. Master-blaster, even 5/5 and +3 from class mod, only regenerates about 2 rockets in 7 seconds.
6. Launcher ammo regen on class mod is broke (reportedly).
7. Even with cast-iron, close range rocket firing is usually pretty deadly to oneself.
I really wanted to like Brick, but for me the rocket launchers just aren't really efficient weapons, for long range sniper rifles are better, at close range, almost any gun is better. (These are just my opinions, it could just be my play style that makes it seem like this). Tavengen 20:49, December 1, 2009 (UTC)
- Use a helix launcher (~1500x3) or a Hyperion Nidhogg (2500, airburst). Figures are the damage stats on my Lv48 weps, just for an estimate. The helix barrel shoots three rockets in a spiral, so jump and shoot the floor, you get a higher chance to AoE at their feet; the Nidhogg rocket explodes after a certain distance and releases smaller rockets down to the ground, with all projectiles dealing the stated damage. --Nagamarky 13:26, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
- Same, but i usually keep one equipped for Second Wind. If at close quarters, spam the trigger and something is guaranteed to die. Plus, worked in the Mothrakk fight, was getting bombed to pieces, fired once, and in the far distance a Bandit died, giving me "1XP". So worth it.
- Mernimbler 20:25, November 16, 2010 (UTC)
3rd and 4th playthroughs
Hey just wondering if a player in Borderlands could go to a possible 3rd or a possible 4th playthrough...I'm a little new to the game (Xbox 360) and I knew you could go to a 2nd playthrough...just a little curious. Also if it is possible to go to a 3rd playthrough..is there even better loot and harder enimies(just exclude this question if there isnt a 3rd 4th playthrough)-Aaron
- After beating the final boss a second time, you can't go and do all of the quests over again like you did with Playthrough 2. However, all enemies in all locations are bumped up to around level 50. People refer to this as either Playthrough 2.5 or 3. --Lagged 18:57, November 16, 2009 (UTC)
- Just for clarification: beating The Destroyer is not necessary; simply entering the vault on playthrough 2 is sufficient to change the game to playthrough 2.5. After beginning playthrough 2.5, the level of all enemies and loot will scale to the level of the player. Playthrough 2.5 effectively replaces playthrough 2 regarding enemy and loot levels and can be accessed by selecting "playthrough 2" from the menu when continuing a game)
Weapon Prefix "Fulgurating"?
I found a sniper last night while farming New Haven, it had the prefix of "fulgurating" and had 4x Shock Damage, here are the stats
Maliwan VRR490 Fulgurating Sniper Rarity: Blue Level: 22 Damage: 207 Accuracy: 95.7 Fire Rate: 0.8 Clip Size: 3 2.4x Weapon Zoom
Also found a fulgurating revolver, stats are as follows (Also has 4x shock damage)
Maliwan MAL13 Fulgurating Law Rarity: Green Level: 23 Damage: 99 Accuracy: 91.7 Fire Rate: 1.6 Clip Size: 3
Sorry i can't get pics, i have xbox version 220.127.116.11 13:13, November 24, 2009 (UTC)Ryan
- Fulgurating is the prefix for x4 Shock elemental effect --Nagamarky 17:26, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
SMG with strange bullets
Perhaps this is noobish of me(Probably is), but i just got a SMG, and noticed that its bullets leave a trail, do twirls in the air, bounce off surfaces if they miss, and seem to have a slight tracking ability(They reminded me of Halo's Needler). I checked the gun's title page, and it mentioned nothing on what a gun shoots, and every other gun I've found that shoots weird things mentions it on the description("It shoots rockets!"). I've also never seen this before, and yes I've seen the bouncing bullets and such. The gun's description is Purple Level 21(I was 33 when I found it. O_o), RF440 Relentless Bruiser, Damage: 73, Accuracy: 86.7, Fire Rate: 7.7, Ammo Capacity: 55, +25% Recoil Reduction, 2.9x Weapon Zoom, -8% Fire Rate, +46%Damage. My Gamertag is Hermes The Good.
- Your SMG has gd_weap_patrol_smg.Barrel.barrel3_Twisted --Nagamarky 13:20, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
Second Wind problems (XBOX 360)
Sometimes when I'm Crippled I get teleported to the New-U station within a second instead of when the bar runs out. And no, I'm not holding down the X key. Any ideas? --TCoZ 23:03, January 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I've had that problem as well. Was playing on Gamespy and two out of the four of us got slammed by the same Shock Alpha and were sent back almost instantly. Kinda irritating when I can make a second wind, but it rarely happens anyway. --Nagamarky 06:31, January 7, 2010 (UTC)
- It depends was it your first time being crippled in a row, for if you were downed two times right before in a row they count that as death, getting continuously downed increases the chance of instantly spawning.
Playthrough 2.5 DLC Boss Query ?
I've read that in Playthrough 2.5 all bosses respawn (except for King Wee Wee, Mad Mel, & the Destroyer) at higher levels, and supposedly drop better loot...however I can't find anything on DLC Bosses. Normally if you beat a Boss you can always go back and "farm" them, but with the DLC bosses (just Dr Ned & Knoxx) you can't re-fight them (with the exception of fighting Knoxx again to do Marcus's raid the armory missions).
To get to the point: If you have already beaten Undead Dr Ned & General Knoxx in Playthrough 2, will they respawn when you "activate" 2.5 ??? 18.104.22.168 08:46, July 22, 2010 (UTC)In-game name: Exige-S2
- Undead Ned will not respawn, Knoxx will (but the Armory still remains closed). 09:30, July 22, 2010 (UTC)
Knoxx DLC: Spinning wildly when crippled
Hi all. Playing Knoxx (lv 56 Roland, on PT2, if that makes any difference to identifying the issue), I am noticing about 50-75% of the time when I get crippled, I am suddenly spinning very quickly (and I can't use the movement controls to try to counter it), thus making any Second Wind chance all but impossible. I just spray and pray at that point, but it hasn't resulted in enough hits on enemies to kill anyone. WTF? Cheers, Dave 22.214.171.124 19:51, September 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Out of curiosity does it happen all the time or just occasionally? I only ask because the same thing happens to my Brick (it's been on going since the begining), but for me it's only once and a while I did notice that most times when it happened I was running or turning when I went down so I just thought I was just the game being wierd.
- Odd, but on my standard Borderlands, the same thing happens, rarely though. It usually happens as Roland in Headstone Mine, which triggered after every impact for some reason, the game descended into a black and white series of spirals.
- Hey guys/gals, I've actually experienced this quite a bit. It's a glitch that causes your character to lose control of your turning and then cranks your sensitivity up to max. I've actually TRIED to do this and I've had quite a bit of success when I begin to turn the moment I die. I'm not sure if meleeing has any effect on whether this glitches more often or not, but I do melee on death. This could be the answer. I don't know for sure, but like I said, I've had a pretty decent track record recreating the glitch by constantly tapping the turn while near death. Oh, and this isn't just Knoxx DLC only as I don't have Knoxx.Gebraheel 15:15, May 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Your character is at maximum level and can't gain more. There is a balance patch on the way that will increase the character level cap to 69, however this patch is not part of the DLC. -- WarBlade 20:09, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
When the level patch comes out will Crawmerax The Invincible stay at level 64?
EkajSegdirb 16:42, October 3, 2010 (UTC)
- No. 3 levels above the player/host. 16:45, October 3, 2010 (UTC)
doesnt he stop at lvl 71? Flashburn283 13:52, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
- 72 14:24, October 14, 2011 (UTC)
General Modding Questions
To be honest I am not completely sure how to use this wiki and this will probably be deleted and moved to a different section or whatever it is called. I have been roaming around aimlessly trying to figure this out but im pretty desperate to the point where I just want my MANY questions answered. I appologize in advance for the person that has to search through the garbage and place this where it belongs but its better than me making an article i guess....
SO, I have a bunch of sweet guns and to be completely honest I have no idea if some of them are mods or legit. I know prefixes and obvious ones (Shredder Shredder, Twisted Twisted, Anarchy Shredder). Alot of my questions are in reguards to pearls i have but they have legitimate prefixes... This is where I am at most deeply confused. Their damage, accuracy, rate of fire, and other bonuses ALL fall in the category of legitimate but I am told they are "real" and modded (sources of which may be reliable and unreliable, I dont know and I dont care to this point). There is no escaping the deadly mod at this point it feels like but I don't really know how "deadly" they are. I have gotten to the point where I don't really care if some of my guns are modded because I have reached the fullest life of the game it feels like. So if I were to continue with these "mods", will I possibly run into corruption of data? I have used these guns time and time again, loading and saving and loading and saving... But I would really like to know if I might stumble upon corruption when I have been using the same "mods" as always? OR will this corruption happen at random because of "unsupported game data" or whatever.... Does anyone get what I am saying? Haha. I just really don't want to lose my character and what I have worked for through my life of the game. I really enjoy what I have. Any advice is a great learning experience. —Preceding unsigned comment added by F0zzy616 (talk • contribs)
You are still not signing your posts. If you don't know where to post, don't post on two places at once. You said that this section is "better than me making an article i guess", and yet you went and created an article anyway.07:20, November 16, 2010 (UTC)
Best Red Chest: Arid Badlands
A few observations on the available Red Chests:
1) The first one, on the roof of the building where the bus drops the player off at the start of the game, generally contains average-quality weapons up to Level 7 (ish), after this, they tend to stall as basic Jakobs sniper rifles.
2) The crate on the cliff-side bandit camp in Arid Badlands, the site of Scavenger: Combat Rifle, has another, which is in the highest, furthest-right shack. This crate usually contains some excellent weapons: eg, four Level 22 Class Mods at Level 13, a blue-rarity rocket launcher at Level 24, and on one occasion, a purple rarity Sniper Rifle dealing 215 damage at Level 13.
Between these two, in twenty minutes I made more than $15,00. Mernimbler 20:26, November 16, 2010 (UTC)
copying my character? how is it done?
I've had problems with my borderlands game and i've installed a new one, how can i transfer my character from the old one to the new..?—Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) 07:05, 8 December 2010
- saves are still in the same place if you have not deleted them. to replace a backup save copy from backup and paste to X:/MyDocs/MyGames/Borderlands/SaveData/ be careful not to overwrite anything you wish to keep. 22:27, December 8, 2010 (UTC)
Mr Shank's Palace - green screen and pixelated area. Unplayable
Having played this great game for hours, nay, months, I am disappointed to find that upon entering the Palace in T-Bone Junction (where I must kill Mr Shank), the loading screen is totally green. It dumped me out totally once, and having crawled all the way back through the level, I find that I have now successfully entered the palace. However, the level is unplayable - there are huge pixelated areas, you cannot make out whether you're looking at the floor or ceiling, only by checking the map can you get through the area. But when an enemy appears, you don't know where they are! Has anyone else had this problem? So frustrating! HELP!!!!! Bikertazza 18:59, December 28, 2010 (UTC)
Well, I sat ready with the camera for the screen to turn green and/or the badly pixelated screen to appear. And it didn't! Third time lucky, and we got in there ok. Not sure why it would have done what it did - TWICE! Thanks anyway... Bikertazza 12:37, January 1, 2011 (UTC)
This may have been addressed already but... I'm using roland and if I have a weapon that is say lvl 61 in my backpack, when I equip it, it goes down to like a lvl 55. Does anyone know why?188.8.131.52 02:12, December 29, 2010 (UTC)
- there was originaly going to be a system, where if your proficencies where high enough, you could equipe weapons above your level. This system was removed before release of the game but some of the code remains and will still lower the level of the gun when equiped.Veggienater 02:21, December 29, 2010 (UTC)
Can't enter rust commons east
every time i try to enter the rust commons east the game crashes, it gives me a general protection error, i'm stuck it's so annoying!!!!. does anyone has the same problem or knows how to solve this?????—Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 17:23, 1 January 2011
- from where are you entering? , or ? 00:00, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
- It may be PC, as I got a similar error message when my game crashed last time. If it is PC, what are your system specs? 03:28, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I just got this error today on a crash when first entering rust commons east via fast travel to middle of nowhere. I solved it by turning off outlines/turning down the graphics settings. You can do this easily with tool. 22:54, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
- It may be PC, as I got a similar error message when my game crashed last time. If it is PC, what are your system specs? 03:28, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
To Fans of Borderlands and Deadliest Warrior... and Star Wars to an extent.
Greetings from the Deadliest Fiction Wikia. I'm recruiting for votes, as the Crimson Lance are facing the 50st Legion. I'd like some specialist type of debating going on, if anyoen is interested...
http://deadliestfiction.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnhilationNation/Joint_Ops:_Round_5:_Crimson_Lance_(Borderlands)_vs._501st_Legion_(Star_Wars) This concept of "wuv" irritates and infuriates us! - The King of Omicron Persei 8 00:42, January 5, 2011 (UTC)
What's the highest level you can achieve. My husband and I (no, I'm not the Queen) are playing the splitscreen co op but we seem to be stuck at level 69 ~ the xp bar hasn't moved at all after playing for over 2 hours! Thanks ~ Patsy Ann
- Thats it. You are at the highest level currently possible. Veggienater 23:16, January 25, 2011 (UTC)
lack of pearl atlas weapons?
i'v never used this before, so i hope i "do it right"
has anyone noticed a lack of PEARL ATLAS weapons? (i dont mean the cyan ones) i mean the atlas brand pearl named weapons.
long story short i'm a bit of a horder, i had about 25 or so PEARL ATLAS named guns & around 20 HYPERION CRIMSON guns, keeping them only for the name. i managed to delete them all :o by giveing them to a "bank" character, then exiting without saving (i thought i saved it. but turns out i didnt, when i went back in the "bank" character wasnt there)
anyway, i'v now set up my "bank" characters, & intend to start collecting again. i'v got a few CRIMSON's but i'v only come across 2 maybe 3 PEARLS
is it possible they've been made more rare or perhaps the name has been changed so as not to confuse them with the cyan pearls? (i'v keeped one or two guns coz they look like atlas pearls but dont have pearl in the name)
thanks for your time
Atlas pearl named weapons are of the highest Atlas material grade. Atlas guns are more rare then most other guns in the game, making pearl named weapons even more rare. It will just take time to play/farm for the guns you are looking for. Also please sign your posts with ~~~~. 17:00, March 5, 2011 (UTC)
Cramerax and Special Attacks
I've had an impossible time trying to quash Cramerax. I think it might have something to do with my skill sets and weapon choice. I have a chain of questions about the Invincible Cramerax:
Cramerax the Invincible lives up to his name pretty well. He is only damaged by critical hits, so does this mean that rocket launchers (which never score crits) don't deal damage to Cramerax?
- only useful launcher to my knowledge is Leviathan.
What about Rolands Guided Missile, which is considered a rocket launcher attack?
- turret is useful as a distraction and against minions (if speced accordingly) highly unlikely to damage Crax.
Is Cramerax immune to corosive damage because he shoots acid globs?
- Crax is immune to all damage excepting its spots (where it is more vulnerable to shock)
Can Cramerax be set on fire or electrocuted, taking continuous damage, or is he immune to all elements?
- no. see above.
Lastly, can he be dazed, like by Lilith's Mind Games skill?
thanks for helping me with my endless strings of questions
Karl H 00:52, April 12, 2011 (UTC)Karl H03:56, April 12, 2011 (UTC)
Closed Doors of T Bone Junction
Hello. When I walk through the streets of T-bone Junction, I've noticed that many doors have the options of X = Use. however, when I try and open them.it will just give me the "click, this door is locked stupid" sound. is there a way to open them?
220.127.116.11 05:54, April 13, 2011 (UTC)Karl H
- no. the use option is the game's response to the "door" texture. this is not unique to t-bone, just more annoying. 23:37, April 13, 2011 (UTC)
I came across an interesting masher in a vending machine. It's a Jakobs XX Savage Masher, 127 x7, 72.1% accuracy, 6 magazine, and 1.3 fire rate. The Level Requirement is 28, and it is made of the highest quallity material Jakobs can offer (it's made of reddish brown wood with a gold/brass finish). When I use this masterpiece, it has superior knockback, matching Sledge's Shotgun. If I use it against any enemy, the foe is knocked back several feet, and several yards upon death. Can any gun have Knockback, or is this a fluke? I don't know how to mod guns on a 360, so this gun is 100 legit. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 23:11, 21 April 2011
good question dottwotwofive. knockback comes from jakobs material, best being material 3, and some titles like lance. the gun is, of course, not a mod, but a very useful variant. enjoy it! 05:57, April 22, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah. I've found more and more XX weapons after reading this. I found a ZZ gamble, and I THINK it has knockback. it seems to be inconsistant. does the ZZ material (dark wood and silver finish) have knockback as well? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
On the Topic of XX guns, many of the gearboz weapons I have seen have the XX title in their names. can gearbox weapons have knockback power, or is the XX just for fun? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
Comparing the Jakobs materials:
- the lowest tier gray/redwood material has no weapon title addition or knockback capability
- the middle tier white/ebony material is denoted by ZZ but has
- the highest tier gold/redwood material is denoted by XX and has large knockback
- Refer to File:Weaponcolors.jpg for more information.
The lowest tier Gearbox material has a similar notation to the last, but with definite variation:
- ### XX for Jakobs highest tier
- ###-XX for Gearbox lowest tier
- Refer to User:Nagamarky/Weapon Naming#Manufacturer_Materials for more information.
12:44, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
Cool Beans. I've been reading up on Bessie, and since all official Bessie rifels are ZZ, that means they can have minor knockback? 188.8.131.52 03:55, May 17, 2011 (UTC) Sylux
Don't reply in the middle of my post; I think my signature is clear enough of an indication of where my post ends and where yours should begin. Anyway, that was my mistake - ZZ materials, both the ordinary Jakobs and the Bessie unique, do not have knockback. 04:10, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
in my games, King WeeWee, Reaver, Jaynis kobb, and Mad Mel do not respawn. Is there something wrong with my game, or do they end up respawning in playthrough 2.5? I really want to get a 69 level WeeWee's Super Booster because I accidentaly took the mission at level 35. Is it possible for him to regspawn, along with the other bosses?—Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 19:19, 28 April 2011
- King WeeWee doesn't respawn. You can always willow tree him back to life (by restarting King Tossing). If you are on PC, he also appears in the The Fifth Column. happypal (talk • contribs • inventory) 08:51, April 29, 2011 (UTC)
- is willow tree compatable with 360, since i'm not on PC? If I use WIllow Tree, what kind of backlash could happer to my 360 game if I use willow tree, and what other applications could I do with it. where can i get willow tree, because i'm having a job with finding it. I think my internet hates me...—Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 14:26, 30 April 2011
- Thanks for the help.
No, unfortunately, 3PDLCs are PC only--21:19, April 30, 2011 (UTC)
K, when I uncheck it, does that mean I redo it on the same playthrough? I want to do king tossing on playthrough 2.5. What backlash can happen if I introduce willowtree to my 360 —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 21:03, 1 May 2011
- backlash will be 0 if you correctly back up your save(s). to replay king tossing set to "not started." if you can introduce willowtree to your 360 you are a better man/woman than i. willowtree is a save editor and does not, to my knowledge, interface with xbox directly. 06:37, May 2, 2011 (UTC)
- All that the 360 needs to another "go between" program to extract the save file from it's package. (The 360 places it in such a way that WT can't read the save file within its package.) After doing that, it's just like using WT normally, and then put it back in it's package. 11:31, May 2, 2011 (UTC)
can we get some more pics of eridian weapons on their respective talk pages? images of the various eridian elemental weapons are severely lacking. i would like to set up weapons tables on the eridian weapon talk pages if more weapon pics become available. thank you.
22:02, May 3, 2011 (UTC)
Bessie / Skullmasher hybrid
I've heard discussions about a Bessie / Skullmasher Hybrid. I am not on live, and I don't mod my guns. I just pulled a skullmasher/bessie out of a lance chest 5 minutes ago. It's cyan and it has the bessie crosshair on the scope, with no circle around the pinpoint showing where a missed bullet can't fly (because bessie has 100% zoom accuracy).
It's a VRR490 XX Bessie, 322 x6, + 500 % crit, 2.8 zoom, 6 magazine.
In response to below comments: in retrospect, I was playing with a freind who hacked his gamertag to give him rare and or impossible item builds on a regular basis. I think he just made a Jakobs sniper like the bessie, but gave it's powers to different parts, then put it into the look calculator in his file. the whole programing is over my head. He imported his tag to my XBox via USB, so he may have contaminated my game when we played split screen. wither way, It's not mine any more. I traded it to my freid via split screen. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- sorry, mate. that gun does not exist. not without modding, at least. gearbot may not spawn bessies with more than one projectile, with XX material, or with a VRR prefix. Please direct all protestations to the otherwise here. 20:41, May 13, 2011 (UTC)
- No need for gearcalc: the Bessie is made of JakobsBessieMaterial, which is Jakobs 2, and implies that 100% OF THE BESSIES ARE ZZ. An XX Bessie simply isn't possible - Not even through willowtree. Furthermore, borderlands refuses Bessies with barrel4_Skullmasher. happypal (talk • contribs • inventory) 21:02, May 13, 2011 (UTC)
You never noticed that Bessies were all ZZ?--22:11, May 13, 2011 (UTC)
- i did, in fact. hence my note to the OP that an XX bessie cannot exist. -fry
I've finished palythrough 2 on the normal game, then started the dlc on playthrough 2. At the minute i only have 42 slots in my backpack. Ive just finished secret armoury, and the claptrap i found there didn't give me an upgrade. How do i boost my inventory?
126.96.36.199 02:31, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
- unfortunately, dotnineseven, the claptrap repair mission in dlc3 only has a chance to give a backpack sdu.you may read more here:
- Main article: Backpack#Backpack_SDU the only sure way to enhance your backpack storage availability is through willowtree. 02:49, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
Borderlands Forum created! For all consoles!
16:18, June 22, 2011 (UTC)188.8.131.52Hey guys, I decided to start a forums for Borderlands, why don't you swing by and tell me what you think?
Increasing mission difficulty for Knoxx
I'm playing Knoxx on Playthrough 2, character is level 63, and I've beaten Knoxx in the armory to finish the main add-on mission flow. Here's the thing - all the additional quests for this add-on (the Lance mop-up quest, the Circle of Duty quests, Crawmerax, even Thirsty's missions) keep increasing in projected difficulty, and no matter how many times I level up, they stay Tough and one level above my current level. The missions for the other add-ons don't do this. Is this supposed to happen? The first Circle of Duty mission seems nearly impossible, and I didn't know if I could level up to make them easier. Crawmerax I can see keeping difficult, but from what I've read on this Wiki missions like Circle of Duty are supposed to start at level 35.
184.108.40.206 04:30, June 25, 2011 (UTC)Wellsy
After you finish all the main storyline missions on play thru 2, the game scales to your current level. This means as you level up, all enemies in the next area will be at your level or slightly higher. 05:37, June 25, 2011 (UTC)
Atlas Aries Trade!
I'm looking for a revolver...Atlas Aries or Pearl Aries with 1000 dmg or more (Pearlscent)! If someone have it and will trade I've got a couple of badass weapons for exchange =)
Here are the item you will have in return:
- AR80 Glorious Revolution (Vladof) Rifle
Dmg: 363, Acc: 82.4, Fire R: 7.6
- AR24 Glorious Havoc (Atlas) Rifle
Dmg: 388, Acc: 91.3, Fire R: 12.5
- EQ10-B Lightning Equalizer (Tediore) Revolver x3 Lightning
Dmg: 785, Acc: 93.6, Fire R: 1.6
One or a couple of more weapon can be traded!
PLAYSTATION NETWORK: Shogun_KG
Need help for my siren class
How to scale DLC3 to right level?
Hi, I started DLC4 as soon as possible while in playthrough 2 so the enemies were like lvl 42 and me too. After finishig DLC4 I finished DLC1. The problem was: It was way too easy. The enemies were like lvl 42 to 45 while I was lvl 50 in the end. I didn't really get any experience from the enemies and it wasn't very fun to 1 shot them. Now I want to play DLC3. But I want it to start at my level so it's harder and I can get good loot. How can I do that? Thanks, TX
Unfortunatly, Knoxx wont scale with you because it is one of the triggers for scaling. If you are in the low 50's still, most of the enemies should not be too far below you. The good thing about DLC 3 is that you will still get great loot from the Armory and Crawmerax, if you are able to defeat him, even if you are slightly overleveled. Once you finish the main missions of DLC 3, Everthing should scale with you. Remember this should you wish to start a different character. Start Knoxx first after PT 2 of the main game and all the other DLC will scale with you until you are maxed out at 69. 01:30, August 11, 2011 (UTC)
Elemental Pistol Effectiveness
How is brick best played?
Level cap balancing patch
Sorry if this seems like a duplicate post, but I wasnt sure if anyone would read my new edit on a very old post, so here it goes.
Earlier on in the portal there was an old post that had a comment on it that mentioned a balancing patch that would raise the level cap to 69. My question is, did the patch also come to consoles or was it just for the PC version?A LB Gamer 05:44, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
- latest patch raises the level cap to
5958 (+ 1011 for 69 if you have puchased DLC 3). 05:52, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for the update.A LB Gamer 08:46, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
Correction: 58 without DLC3--11:09, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
Dahl Headlands locked shack
This has been bugging me for a while.... Theres a shack hanging off the side off a cliff on the very outer edges of the dahl headlands that wont open up, I remember getting it open a while back, but have since forgotten how to open it. Can any of your guys tell me how to get it open?A LB Gamer 19:48, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
- teleport to old haven and find the mission Bandit Treasure: Three Corpses, Three Keys, its near a wall with a few dead bandits laying around to the left of the vending machines. after finding the bandit keys, you'll get another mission to find the chest in dahl headlands. 20:00, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
Scaling Issue and WTF is this happening
Blades and Bonus Damage
I know revolvers have bonus critical damage when shooting, but how do attached blades and bonus damage work together? If I whack a bandit in the head with my Razor, does the increased crit damage inherent to revolvers stack with the 200% melee damage?
220.127.116.11 11:00, November 18, 2011 (UTC)Koal
- no. however comma characters have buffs to melee attacks as well. look for skills and COMs advancing these buffs. 18:12, November 18, 2011 (UTC)
Bessie Sniper Quest
I'm currently questing for a Level 69 Bessie, on PS3. I've been in desperate need for weeks now, and I've searched Crawmerax and Bandits alike. I'm also wondering if anyone can possibly provide modded SMGs, or modded Combat Rifles that are ridiculously insane, in power or elemental wise. I love 'em, even if they"re not legit, it's just fun to make my friends go nuts with 'em. If anyone can aid me in this quest, I'd deeply appreciate it. Add me on PSN to help! PSN: GamzeePX33
- Forum:Item trading PS3. 22:22, February 26, 2012 (UTC)
More new weapon articles
I'm just saying that in the gameplay from E3 where they open all the weapon boxes, I thought there would be pages of all these different weapons that were shown, just wondering
- make a list? by title only please. 00:41, July 23, 2012 (UTC)
- The Convergence (Hyperion)
- The Stalker (Torgue)
- Fast Rifle (Jakobs) pretty sure the rifle is a generic gun all over BL2 and all over the manafacturers
- Skatergun (Bandit)
- Subcompact MG (Tediore)
- If that's Borderlands 2's version of 'Playthrough 2.5', then that's a fantastic development. At least we'll have a name for it instead of making one up. -- WarBlade (talk) 08:16, August 8, 2012 (UTC)
Item Drops are just getting worse
So here's my problem, i'm on Playthrough 2.5, Level 69 Hunter and every item i get seems to suck.
I'm still using a Level 31 Revolver (632 Dmg but only 2 Ammo) with the Red 'Give Sick' effect, because i just can't find a better one. Even the Class Mods suck, i'm using Level 48 Mods that add 3 or 4 Points to 3 of my Skills and almost every Class Mod i dropped since i'm 60+ increases only 1 or 2 Skills. Am i doing something wrong or is this just normal? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 14:58, 9 August 2012
- game runs hot and cold sometimes. does for me anyway. 20:19, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
- True what the good doctor said. Try a Scavenger COM w/ +2 find rare items. It should improve your luck at least slightly. Auntarie (talk) 20:25, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
My friend says the Wiki is missing some side mission pages, like "Catch a Job" and others that granted he personally didn't need the walk through but others did so I haven't got the game yet due to me beign away but thought i should bring it to atention Skrudge (talk) 14:44, September 25, 2012 (UTC)
- see walkthrough in top nav. 21:07, September 25, 2012 (UTC)
Other Borderlands WIki
- a very good question. the founder of that wiki has been elected an admin here so no, id say there is not a conflict. my only beef is said admin is noticeably absent from this wiki since release. he should be back tho.
00:14, September 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Happy's not active over there, either. I can't blame him for staying away to avoid spoilage. The wiki is spoileriffic, more so with all the fresh content currently being poured into it. We'll all be back soon enough. Dämmerung 00:24, September 28, 2012 (UTC)
noted. probly just playing the game (not unlike me).00:33, September 28, 2012 (UTC)
What make guns kill people.
Hello folks , i've been doing some research using a editor to see exactaly what make up guns stats in BL2. What i can confirm is that prefixes (not sure if all of 'em) are made up based on the present accessory , and also they give small boosts rather than game changing values , I.E a Bitch without any accessory will have 8.7 ROF , while having a accelerated acc will increase it to 9.7 , while the damage acc will ALWAYS increase damage in aproximate 10%.
Also , guns names come from the current composition of parts in the gun , i still need to determine a pattern , but what i can confirm is , that each manufacture will originally have only 1 gun name for each type and severall shared names. if you take a Dahl rifle and make it with only dahl parts , it will always be named Carbine with different prefixes based on the current ACC (a damage carbine will be named Attack Carbine).
I will be doing some more tests and will post the results , any suggestion/question will be welcome, just post em on my page.
- Edit 1:
- It looks like what names the guns is the barrel.I've takem a Dahl rifle and outfited it with multiple barrel types , these are the results:
- Dahl barrel - Carbine
- Vladof Regular barrel - Double Tap Rifle
- Bandit barrel - Rifle
- Jakobs barrel - Defender
- Vladof minigun barrel - Minigun (no sh*t sherlock)
- Torgue barrel - grenadier
- So yeah , guns are named after their barrels , so keep firing people , ill look into more later on.
- The Legendary Avarage Low Skilled Player (talk) 06:29, October 23, 2012 (UTC)Guibuni.
- Edit 2:
- Doing some tests , guns with original parts (manufacture parts) will yield the best overall stats , but , using other manufactures parts grants their bonuses in minor value: i've used a Maliwan Volcano with a damage acc for this tests , ive used original maliwan parts , Hyperion parts and Jakobs parts , these are the results ( note that i used a lv 20 gun):
- Maliwan Parts:
- Damage: 462
- Accuracy: 96.8
- Fire Rate: 1.4
- Reload speed: 3.1
- Magazine Size: 10
- Burn/sec: 92.4
- Burn Chance : 50.0
- ::: Hyperion Parts:
- Damage: 441
- Accuracy: 97.1
- Fire Rate: 1.4
- Reload Speed: 4.0
- Magazine Size: 6
- Burn/sec: 92.4
- Burn Chance: 43.5
- Jakobs Parts:
- Damage: 492
- Accuracy: 96.8
- Fire Rate: 1.3
- Reload Speed: 4.2
- Magazine Size: 6
- Burn/sec: 92.4
- Burn Chance: 43.5
- So , you see , original guns will ALWAYS be better than generic mixed variants , they will retain the bonuses of said manufactures : Hyperion parts yields higher accuracy at cost of tech , mag size , damage and reload speed , while Jakobs will have greater damage at cost of fire rate , reload speed , tech and mag size.
- So always go for original people , piracy is a crime xD.
Lilith's starting weapon "TEK2 Simple SMG" - where does the "Simple" prefix come from?
Lilith's starting weapon is called "TEK2 Simple SMG". This weapon has the prefix "Simple", but none of the pages I've looked at say anything about this prefix. Submachine Gun/parts has not helped here. Can someone enlighten me on this? —FieryDragonLord 16:25, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
If your talking about the gearbox "special" starting weapons. Those weapons are unique and do not spawn in game. The game spawning pre-fixes do not apply to those. Although I am out of my field here and could be wrong. 16:41, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
- I suspect each of the starter weapons has a unique part. Can you or someone else look into it? —FieryDragonLord 19:09, April 12, 2014 (UTC)