Special Weapon Effects
Always, I want to be with you. – Shoots a spread of 5 explosive projectiles, each of which spawns with a random element and a color to match the element. Shots are accompanied by a neighing sound effect. Consumes 2 ammo per shot. Cannot spawn with a sight and all parts fixed.
Usage & Description
The Boomacorn's multiple element effect can appear with each pull of the trigger which increases its usefulness against most enemies.
The projectile spread results in diminished accuracy at long range, but point-blank range use isn't advisable as the pellets can inflict heavy damage to the user.
- The Boomacorn was first discovered within the code of the game, along with the Jack-o'-Cannon, Wet Week, The Machine, and several weapons from that were cut from Borderlands 2.
- The Boomacorn is referenced in the game files as a reward for the "Pandoracorn Day" seasonal event, which never occurred due to 2K Australia's closing. It was instead made available via a SHiFT code in 2015. A hotfix released on January 25th, 2016 added the Boomacorn as a world drop, making it a potential drop from any suitable loot source.
- The Boomacorn spawns with all parts fixed, consisting of a Jakobs barrel, grip and stock with no sight or accessory.
- The Boomacorn and its effect references the game "Robot Unicorn Attack", a game starring a unicorn running across a rainbow-colored landscape. The flavor text is part of the song "Always" by the band Erasure, which is used as the game's background music.
- This is one of the few Jakobs weapons that has an elemental capacitor.