“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Boogeyman is a legendary sniper rifle in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Vladof, and is exclusive to the Designer's Cut DLC. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source at Stormblind Complex during the Arms Race mode, and can be brought outside of the area when extracted with a Gear Extractor.
Special Weapon Effects
Comin' ta GET'CHA! – Shoots lasers that deals splash damage. Has a chance to spawn a Boogeyman on kill, which is a homing pink skull that explodes on contact with an enemy, deals non-elemental grenade damage, and has a guaranteed chance to spawn a new Boogeyman after exploding. 60% to not consume ammo. Greatly increased fire rate, accuracy, and handling.
Usage & Description
The Boogeyman is an incredibly effective weapon, being one of the only snipers to deal splash damage along with having very strong base stats, without relying on a restrictive gimmick. The Boogeyman skulls deal very high damage, making the Boogeyman an extremely effective mobbing weapon, as each skull that hits an enemy usually creates a new skull, which can chain to killing multiple enemies very quickly. The great stats and incredible accuracy also makes it a very strong weapon against bosses, especially if critical hits are scored.
If the character is using any items or skills that grant ammo regeneration, such as Moze's skills in her Bottomless Mags skill tree or the Bloody-Harvest exclusive Terror Anointment that grants ammo regeneration while terrified, the weapon can easily reach infinite magazine size, as the 60% chance to not consume ammo synergizes really well with ammo regeneration.
The lasers fired from the Boogeyman deal splash damage. This makes the Boogeyman one of the best weapons in the entire game for Moze, because of her many skills that boost splash damage, the aforementioned ammo regeneration skills, and the overall strength of the weapon.
- The skulls actually deal grenade damage, making it one of the few, if not the only, weapon to become more effective with skills, class mods, and the anointment that increases grenade damage.
- Pull the Holy Pin allows the skulls to critical hit, dealing double their normal damage. It is unaffected by any other critical hit damage bonus.
- The Boogeyman can generate skulls even if the character kills the enemy with other sources of damage like a grenade or damage over time, as long as they were holding the Boogeyman while doing so.
- The flavor text is a reference to the wrestler The Boogeyman and his catchphrase of "I'm The Boogeyman and I'm comin' to get'cha!".
- The skulls fired from the Boogeyman are reskinned version of the ghost enemy, but colored purple, smaller, and homes in much faster. The Soulrender uses the same skulls, albeit purple instead of pink, dealing splash damage instead of grenade damage, and doesn't create new skulls after a kill.