Blight Phoenix is the tier 5 skill in Maya's Cataclysm skill tree. Upon killing an enemy you deal constant Fire and Corrosive damage to nearby enemies for a short time. The damage is based on your level of the ability and your level.
- Blight Phoenix Damage Level: +1 per level
Can only be leveled past 5 with Fox class mods.
- This skill shares some similarities with Lilith's Phoenix skill in the first Borderlands:
- Fiery wings are visible sprouting from Maya's back while the skill is active.
- Elemental barrels can pose a threat when this skill is active, as passing near them will cause them to detonate, causing damage to the character; make a habit of shooting the barrels first, or avoiding them entirely.
- Pairing this skill with Life Tap allows Maya to stay in the middle of the combat area, constantly damaging enemies and heal as well. This tactic can be boosted by also taking Kinetic Reflection, with a +5 class mod, keeping Maya virtually invincible after a kill.