“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Bandit Slaughter is a series of five optional survival missions in Borderlands 2 given by Fink. The mission series and Fink's Slaughterhouse on which it is conducted become available after Rising Action is complete.
Each mission (round) has the same structure. This involves surviving 3-5 waves of bandits and rats per mission, including their badass variants. In Round 4 and 5, several Buzzards will swoop in each dropping up to 4 Airborne Marauders.
Each round has the same objectives:
- Assemble in arena
- Begin the slaughter
- Survive round
- Complete waves:0/X
- Kill bandits with critical hits:0/Y
Each round also has an optional objective for killing certain number of enemies with critical hits. Regardless of the game mode, number of critical hit kills required is as follows:
- Round 1: 10
- Round 2: 15
- Round 3: 20
- Round 4: 35
- Round 5: 50
Summary of the rounds for all game modes is listed in the tables below:
|True Vault Hunter Mode|
|Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode|
- If a character dies, they can still assist via the elevator up to the viewing gallery.
- During any wave, eliminating all but one enemy and evading can regenerate health and allow restocking on ammo before the next wave.
- A Save & Quit, then Continue after completing a mission round resets all the exploding barrels as well as all the ammo canisters. This can be done repeatedly to refill ammo for free.
- Getting a critical hit kill with an elemental weapon will often not be added to the count. It is recommended to use a non-elemental weapon for these missions.
- Sometimes the match will not progress between waves, even though all visible enemies have been killed. A save & quit seems to be the only way out of this, and the quest is failed.