StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
Badass Skags are tough opponents, with high health, significant damage reduction, and powerful attacks. Additionally, all Badass Skags employ a body slam against the ground that creates an area-of-effect shock wave with a knockback effect and even an elemental effect if the skag has an element type. Badass Skags are unique among all skags for having glowing blue eyes.
- See also: Skag#General_Strategy
Lacking an elemental effect for ranged attacks, non-elemental Badass Skags are very likely to engage a player in close combat. Elemental Badass Skags attack mostly from medium range by spitting elemental attacks at their targets. A short ranged spray of fire over a wide area; a single arcing bolt of electricity that bursts and causes splash damage on impact; or a medium ranged stream of acid that deals a lot of damage in seconds. They will try to stay away from close combat, retreating if enemies get too close.
- When defeated, non-elemental Badass Skags have a chance to drop Explosive Artifact.
- When defeated, elemental Badass Skags have a chance to drop an Artifact related to their element.
- Their names are adjusted for each difficulty level:
- Playthrough 1: Badass Skag (Badass Fire/ Corrosive/ Shock Skag)
- Playthrough 2: Badmutha Skag (non-elemental) or Badmutha Fire/ Corrosive/ Shock Skag
- Playthrough 2.5: Asskicking Skag (non-elemental) or SuperBad Fire/ Corrosive/ Shock Skag