Badass Alpha Skags are Alpha Skags with one of 3 elemental effect, The 3 elemental types are Fire, Shock and Corossive.
- See also: Skag#General_Strategy
Badass Alpha Skags prefer to engage at close range. They often charge at The Player(s), running into them to inflict heavy damage while knocking them back. They will also viciously claw at their target while near. Their breath attacks are sustained, harder-hitting and more direct versions of those used by the Badass Skags. These ultimately dangerous Skags do not have a slashing attack and instead employ an area-of-effect forward body slam with radiating shock-waves tinged with their displayed element. They will also move to within tongue-whip range and spray their target either with short-ranged gouts of flame, arcing sparks, or ravening streams of vaporous acid. The shockwave can't be easily jumped over, and the projectile attacks can be lethal, so some degree of distance is preferred over being up close and personal with them. When distance isn't an option, however, it's best to have an elemental weapon available that opposes their own. Matador shotguns also do nicely.
- Elemental Alpha skags give increased experience and comparable loot, sometimes dropping Eridian Artifact related to their element.
- Their names are adjusted for each difficulty level:
- Playthrough 1: Badass Fire/ Corrosive/ Shock Skag
- Playthrough 2: Badmutha Fire/ Corrosive/ Shock Skag
- Playthrough 2.5: SuperBad Fire/ Corrosive/ Shock Skag