Backdraft is a tier 3 skill in Maya's Cataclysm skill tree. It causes Maya's melee attacks to deal additional Fire damage, and to release a fiery explosion when her shields are depleted. Shields must fully recharge between explosions.
- Backdraft Damage Rank: +1 per level
Can only be leveled past 5 with Banshee class mods.
- The melee fire damage is actually a separate effect which triggers when the attack connects with an enemy. Following a melee attack, Backdraft's fire damage procs, which has a chance of igniting the enemy.
- Bonus melee fire damage is entirely based on skill level, and does not benefit from outside melee damage or Roid Damage bonuses.
- Melee Fire damage formula is 0.25 × SkillLevel × 1.13PlayerLevel. In general, this translates to a 6% bonus to base melee damage per skill level.
- Unlike a Nova Shield, the Backdraft nova triggers immediately when the shield is depleted.
- Although Backdraft seemingly turns any shield Maya uses into a nova shield, killing an enemy with the Backdraft burst does not count towards the Super Novas challenge, even if she is using a Nova Shield.