“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Baby Maker is a legendary pistol in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Tediore.
It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source. The Baby Maker can also obtained by completing all of the Dead Claptrap challenges.
Special Weapon Effects
Safety off. – Always comes with either the Leg or Homing module. Consumes up to three additional magazines upon reload, with the on-reload effect varying based on the module the weapon comes with. Leg module variants split into 4 weapons which jump at enemies and explode. Homing module variants spawns 4 homing MIRVs that seek out enemies.
Usage & Description
While the Baby Maker's special effect can be used for crowd control, extended use will require a constant supply of ammo as the 4 child spawns will each consume a magazine's worth of ammo in addition to the gun's reload.
- This weapon always spawns with the "++" suffix.
- The amount of additional magazines used is dependent on the amount of bullets left in the magazine. A full magazine will deplete three additional magazines from the player's reserve, while an empty magazine will not use additional ammo.
- If obtained via completing the Dead Claptrap challenges, the weapon will be given out twice - once by VR-0N1CA through the mail, and another by Claptrap. These Baby Makers will be identical.
- The Baby Maker is a returning weapon from Borderlands 2 but as a pistol instead of a submachine gun.
- The flavor text is a double entendre, as it can refer to the gun's safety mechanism being turned off for combat, or the fact that pregnancies occur if contraceptives aren't used.