Baby Maker is a legendary submachine gun in Borderlands 2 manufactured by Tediore. Baby Maker is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Madame Von Bartlesby located in Tundra Express.
Special Weapon Effects
Who's a widdle gunny wunny!!! – Thrown weapon spawns a "child grenade" upon exploding, an identical but smaller version of the original gun that explodes again. Very rarely it will spawn a second or third projectile.
Usage & Description
The special weapon effect of the Baby Maker only enhances the reload projectile, making the strategy of reloading often and early for the enhanced damage an effective strategy. With the MIRV-like explosion effect, the reload projectile of the Baby Maker is superior against multiple enemies in tight areas, where the second projectile is less likely to stray and more likely to land on or near an enemy.
When the reload projectile detonates from hitting an enemy directly, the child grenade will often have a trajectory into the same enemy and will immediately explode upon spawning. This immediate second explosion occurs often, doubling the explosive damage, with a rare chance additional damage if a second or third child spawns. As Tediore reload damage is based on weapon damage and bullets left in the weapon as it is thrown, the damage can be greatly enhanced by skills and equipment that increase magazine size, alongside its already substantial capacity. Shooting a single bullet, reloading, and repeating rapidly can yield immense damage, severely damaging or even outright killing bosses or badass enemies. While this can lead to huge damage, it consumes significant ammo, making it difficult to keep up without large ammo regeneration or frequent restocks.
- A Quality Babymaker is one of the twenty single-use items granted by SHiFT codes included with the Diamond Plate Loot Chest. The card caption reads "Fun fact: This gun drops explosive "baby" grenades. Your chances of dropping a boy (blue) or a girl (pink) are based on actual US birth statistics."
- When the thrown gun explodes, the sound of a larva varkid's cry can be heard.
- A trail of pink or light blue digistruct light follow the spawned child grenades.
- Light blue is commonly used for boys and pink for girls, shortly after being born.
- The Baby Maker was dropped by Rouge on the last day of Week 3 of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt. A hotfix on that day increased the damage.