“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Unlike other Maliwan Troopers, Assault Troopers possess no special abilities or equipment and are only equipped with SMGs and light shields. Instead, they rely on their weaponry, tactics and numbers to defeat enemies. When engaging in battle, they will actively seek out and utilize cover, only occasionally breaking cover to either attack or find a more advantageous position.
Unless they are supporting heavier units, such as Heavy Gunners or in large numbers, Assault Troopers are not very dangerous and fairly easy to deal with. Shock weapons are highly effective at removing their shields. Once the shield is removed, Incendiary weapons can be used to quickly eliminate them.
- Time to earn my paycheck!
- Remember your training!
- Get to cover!
- Perforating this jag-off!
- I'm bloodthirsty not stupid! (wounded)
- Never got...my bonus (dying)
- Bury me with my money! (dying)
- Bury me with...my medals... (dying)
- I was kind of the monster here... (dying)
- Vault Hunters are tough as shit! (dying)
- Guess they had superior tech... (dying)
- I learned nothing! (dying)
- Game...recognize...game (dying)
- The fate of a merc... (dying)
- Another will take my place! (dying)
- A dark variant of the Assualt Trooper can be found on Nekrotafeyo and Slaughterstar 3000 under General Traunt's command. Aside from the name and color scheme, these troopers are the same as the standard.
- On Mayhem and True Vault Hunter modes, they are renamed Assault Commando