Antagonist is a Seraph shield manufactured by Maliwan that exclusively appears in Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. The Antagonist can be obtained from trading with the Seraph Vendor in Flamerock Refuge.
Special Weapon Effects
I'm rubber, you're glue. – Deflects enemy bullets with increased damage toward nearby enemies. Launches homing balls of slag at an attacker when damaged. Possesses damage reduction. Increased shield capacity. Reduced recharge delay and recharge rate. Cannot spawn with Malaliwan Parts.
Usage and Description
The Antagonist is a versatile shield, and while designed to be useful primarily against gun-wielding enemies, its secondary effect of launching homing slag balls will also activate from melee and ranged non-bullet damage. However, the slag balls will explode on impact on many surfaces and can be blocked by cover. Care should be taken when hiding behind cover, as the user may become slagged if the balls detonate too close.
Due to the buffed effect of slag in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, the Antagonist can be especially useful for slagging enemies, often saving the trouble of needing to swap weapons.
- This shield may not be effective on Krieg using the Mania or Hellborn trees, due to Krieg damaging himself too much for the Antagonist's effects to activate.
- Deflected bullets are considered to be shots fired by a Vault Hunter. This will trigger relevant skills from all characters as if they attacked an enemy. If an enemy is killed by the Antagonist kill skills will be triggered.
- As the Antagonist cannot spawn with any Maliwan parts, it cannot provide elemental immunity to the character.
- The ranged attack and damage resistance of Antagonist are unavailable when depleted. However, the bullet deflection does work at all times.
- It can only deflect projectiles from hand-held weapons used by the enemy. A WAR Loader firing Autocannons will not reccive return fire by it's own incendiary bullets.
- The flavor text is a reference to the saying, "I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you."
- The Antagonist is a modified version of a Vladof Absorb Shield. This can be seen from the HUD icon.
- It is the only shield in the entire game that uses the Slag element.
- The ranged attack is similar to the Impaler, but it has no spike effect, as melee attacks and nob-bullet attacks also trigger the ranged attack.