A crimefighting hero born in the abysmal slums of Partali, Amara is most at home on the battlefield or in a brawl. She quickly became a local hero when she was young, once showing off by punching holes in a concrete truck. Never content to stand idly by, people celebrated when she used her Siren abilities the first time she fought a bully, and since then, she's been using her powers to smash oppressors and dismantle her foes. While in her Phasetrance, she channels her Siren energy to form powerful arms that can shoot blasts of force or crush enemies in their grip. Brash, aggressive, and self-assured, Amara doesn't let anything stand in her way, though has been torn between seeking justice and building her personal legend since her early vigilante days.
- Main article: Amara/Skill tree
Amara's Action Skills are Phasegrasp, Phasecast, and Phaseslam. She gains additional action skills further down her skill trees, some of which completely alter their base function from the default three; she has the largest variety of action skills as a result. Amara is able to equip one elemental augment which alters her action skill's element (with the default being shock), and an action skill augment that grants additional abilities to her equipped action skill.
Amara summons a giant fist that bursts from the ground and locks the targeted enemy in place for a few seconds. Some enemies are immune to being grasped and instantly take damage instead.
- Skill Duration: 7 seconds
- Cooldown: 13 seconds
- Grasp Immune Damage: 40
Amara sends forward an Astral Projection of herself, dealing damage to everything in its path.
- Damage: 79
- Cooldown: 22 seconds
Amara leaps into the air and slams the ground, dealing damage to all nearby enemies and knocking them upwards.
- Damage: 84
- Cooldown: 26 seconds
- Main article: Amara/ECHO Recorders
- Main article: Amara/Quotes
- Amara's abilities and traits are influenced by South Asian culture.
- While active, her arms perform Mudras (symbolic gestures).
- During Going Rogue, Amara states she is fond of the color gold, which is the symbol of the Hindu Goddess Lakshmi and considered highly auspicious.
- Amara responds with the phrase "nay bhae (নাই ভাই)" during Raiders of the Lost Rock, which translates to "no brother" in the Bengali language.
- Amara ironically notes that her name means Deathless on 37 worlds and is a hair conditioner brand on 8'.
- Amara has been referenced by other characters, as "the Tiger of Partali", or "the Tiger".
- Amara's arms and tattoos will change color depending on the element of her action skill (orange for Soulfire and green for Blight Tiger.)
- According to her dialogue in the mission Pandora's Next Top Mouthpiece, Amara's favorite thing about Tyreen Calypso are her tattoos, which she thinks are "kinda hot".
- According to her dialogue in the mission Sisterly Love, Amara has siblings.
- According to various articles, Amara is in her late twenties.
- She has loyalties to other Sirens and greets them well. She was married at one point, but chasing fame was her real love. She is keeping her romantic options open.
- She likes people who want her autograph (and dislikes those who don't), defending the poor and underserved, confrontations, and punching things.
- She dislikes people who say no to her and has no time for politics or nation-building.