Aegis is the title of a group of common pistols in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. They are manufactured exclusively by Maliwan and commonly spawn with the Dahl, Maliwan, Tediore, and bandit/scav barrels.
Usage & Description
The Aegis has a somewhat slow rate of fire that is compensated by high elemental effect chance and damage on shock, incendiary, and corrosive variants.
Depending on the Barrel, Aegis can have several effects:
- Dahl barrel: Reduces recoil and accuracy.
- Maliwan barrel: Increases accuracy and elemental effect chance.
- Tediore barrel: No additional effects.
- Bandit/scav barrel: Increases damage at the cost of accuracy.
- Borderlands 2
- Rubi – Unique pistol that restores 12% of damage dealt as health.
- Grog Nozzle – Unique slag pistol with low base damage. Restores 65% of damage dealt as health and has a short-lived effect that fires five more projectiles with reduced fire rate and accuracy.
- Thunderball Fists – Legendary shock pistol that fires orbs which deal area-of-effect damage before detonating.
- Infection – Seraph corrosive pistol that fires gravity-affected projectiles with an arc. Significantly increased elemental effect damage and chance. Extremely low base damage.
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- An Aegis deals an additional 80% splash damage. This damage is further boosted by grenade damage bonuses.
- The Aegis is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source.